CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Our main box/dvr intermittently stops playing a recorded show in the middle of it and then prompts us to delete the show as if we'd finished it. We have to restart it over and then fast forward to the place we left off to finish it. It's happened dozens of times.

Seems to malfunction a lot. We have to shut it off and let it sit for several minutes and turn it back on every once in a while when it stops responding to our remote.

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

I have these same problems but signal strength has been verified as good by two different technicians. I'm in Baltimore. Is it just growing pains as X1 is rolled out?

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@DiabolicalDave wrote:

I have these same problems but signal strength has been verified as good by two different technicians. I'm in Baltimore. Is it just growing pains as X1 is rolled out?

@I'd be happy to check for you again including historical data and neighborhood flux.  You'll need to PM me account info as the your login is not @Comcast.net

Problem Solver

• 

1.3K Messages

10 years ago

@YoYoSpin wrote:

Hope to get a Comcast Tech response here...I've had this X-1 system installed for 2 weeks...main DVR plus three remote set top boxes.

During the first week, the three set top boxes froze/stopped working 6 times, requiring a un-plug re-boot 5 times and a call to Comcast to send a reset signal once. Discovered that if the set top boxes are manually turned off (press the green lighted button on the right of the box) after use...no more freeze up issues. I suspect that if the set top boxes are left on all the time, as they are apparently intended to be, they will overheat and cause the freeze up issue.

Now I'm having a similar issue with the main X-1 DVR...froze up twice in the past week, both times fixed by a un-plug hard re-boot. I could start turning the main DVR off after use as well, however...it's my understanding that if the main DVR is turned off, it will not turn itself back on when a scheduled recording comes up. Is this a common problem? Any suggestions?

For your XG1 DVR hub I checked your signal levels.  Everything looks great and is in the green.  There is some Upstream Receive flux, but its not alarming. 

Can you ensure all of the conenctions between the wall plate and box are nice and secure with the coaxial cable?  Same goes for any splittlers / amps in the house

Frequent Visitor

• 

5 Messages

10 years ago

I am confused, the connection status on the xfinity site shows no service interruptions, yet I have not had service for over two days.

I spent 2 hours chatting with first the internet service (who set up a technician visit), then the TV service (who cancelled the same visit). Neither side could connect to my systems after multiple troubleshooting steps. The TV service rep told me that this was due to an area outage caused by trouble with a service upgrade in my area. 

From what I've read here, there's a global issue and it relates to billing? 

Why does the xfinity site insist that I am connected? It has all along. I was able to connect to an xfinity hotspot to check the site and it has shown green light "Connected" all along. Shouldn't there have been some sort of notice broadcast to subscribers that an upgrade was in the works and a multiple day service interruption was possible? 

Where can I see the actual "upgrade" that's in the works?

Will a refund for the service outage be automatic, or do I have to site on the line with retention to get it?

The good news is that the customer service reps on the chat line were very professional and did walk through the troubleshooting steps with me. I could at least imagine that they weren't making rude comments and laughing about my plight in the background.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

I have the X1 DVR and one other TV connected in the bedroom.  The smaller box in the bedroom has been freezing up and requiring a reboot / reset.  Every once in a while there is an error code that pops up but I do not recall the exact code.  Last night I had to reset 3 times in a 30 minute or so period.  I have also had to reset due to the box not responding to the remote in the last week.  Today I was watcing on demand in the living room (main box) and my screen went black but I was still getting audio from the program.  Tried to exit the program with the remote and it was not working.  I reset the box and it was very slow when I would try and open the on demand menu's.  It froze up again and would not exit the on demand menu.  Did another reset and again it was extremely slow to respond to the remote.  

The installation was done around August of this year and new cable was ran to both boxes by the contracted tech to make sure everything was up to par.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

10 years ago

Gwen, Thank you for responding, but I have already followed the troubleshooting instructions. Several times. The error code I get is XRE-00088. The only fix is to restart the box, which I have done according to the instructions three times now. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

10 years ago

Also just tried to change the channel and got RDK-03033 error code.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

10 years ago

i can imagine those things that your company stating to try working, but when the they do not work and you have done all that were advised to do and then you make an attempt to contact the professionals, ie: customer service, for assistance and you are told you are a preferred customer and yet you are unable to get through after 10 attempts. and each attempt you are disconnected from the call on Comcast's side, it is very difficult to remain loyal to a company that has a great product but no customer service quality, we are people as are you are, we only want to be treated as people that actually have a problem and not a number.  take it from a guy that has worked call centers for a very long time, the culture of the call center customer service rep has gone from quality work to quantity and that's where my problems lie with your company, if your competitor's could offer me the lower service but better customer service i would jump to their service in a heart beat, but since your competitor's are just as messed as you are i don't see the point to the hassle other than maybe emailing the CEO, COO and anyone else i can, such as news channels and newspapers in the Chicago Land area to get our point across as a customer who wants quality customer service as well as a great product.  you have one of  the best products in my area, but sorely lacking when it comes to the quality customer service.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

Moderated.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Some issues with DVR all week, recording programs in pieces with gaps.

Earlier today, blank screen until I unplugged box for 10 seconds and plugged back in, initiating reboot. Sluggish since then with interrmitent connection to x1 platform, cannot change channels atm, remote maybe responding minutes later, maybe not. Received an error message I cannot recall nor get to appear again. Video now blacking out interritently.

I spent over an hour and a half, mostly on hold, to speak to two very uninformed people one supposedly in the X1 dept. Final solution, a tech will call you at some point. Error was something like rfk503032. 

Message just appeared on screen apologizing for my issues listing literally a different error each time it appears. Has appeared 3 times so far. It states hit OK to Restart. I hit OK screen, screen goes greyish black, then the message appears again with a different error. Guess I'll try to hold the button down for 30 seconds, second reboot in an hour. I am now feeling like a beta tester.

Second reboot has totally destroyed my slight connection to the X1 Platform, though it was stated this would fix the issue. I am now again looking a a grey screen with no sound.

I'm sure attempting to contact customer service will again involve over an hour long wait with zero resolution, so I guess I just wait for a tech to call...and this has been ongoing for 5 days now? What in the world did they do to the servers?

For the heck of it, tried to get through to the dedicated X1 help line...cannot even get through, busy signal every time.

And another hour later, and another reboot and an RDK-03031 message, and no TV, but one channel that I couldn't change for a little bit, for 4 hours now. No calls back from any tech after some hours. I wish a single other company offered broadband where I live at this point. 

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

@rprietz wrote:

Lip Sync Issues on all tv's. Sound is lagging video every day, particularly on recorded programming. What can be done? I pay too much to have poor quality tv.

lip sync fixes: pause then restart, if not fixed press power button and release. light goes out. press again. 

for x1 problems call the 24/7 dedicated support centers at 877-896-8678

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

10 years ago

Lip Sync Issues on all tv's. Sound is lagging video every day, particularly on recorded programming. What can be done? I pay too much to have poor quality tv.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

10 years ago

@Sixthr33 wrote:

Also just tried to change the channel and got RDK-03033 error code.

call the dedicated x1 support number available 24/7 at 877-896-8678

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

10 years ago

My X1 has been giving me a lot of trouble today. I have rebooted it 3 times. Right now I cannot delete a program off the darn thing. I have tried removing the hdmi cable from off the back of the cable box with no luck. What I going on?
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here