CCGwen's profile

Contributor

• 

235 Messages

Monday, October 6th, 2014 2:00 PM

Closed

X1 Technical Issues

Welcome to the new "X1 Technical Issues" thread. We ask that you post all of your X1 related technical issues (Audio, Set Top Box, etc.) here. 

Below, you will find links to X1 Help articles that may assist you in resolving your technical issue:

Xfinity TV: Basic Troubleshooting

Find and Troubleshoot Error Codes

Thank you in advance for posting!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

10 years ago

After being contacted by and talking to a X1 tech, it's a known X1 software issue, hopefully to addressed in an update, soon(?). Very nice and thoughtful tech. Very helpful, 😎

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Dands,  I wish you luck...  it's been 8 hours now since we first started dealing with this.  It didn't come up on either TV after the hour and the problem still isn't resolved.  They are telling us that a technician will need to come out and that even with an expedited ticket it will be at least 3 days until someone can come look at it.  Very frustrating!  Please let us know if you get it resolved and how and I will do the same.

Thanls, Cathy

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

We just spoke to a Comcast supervisor about this problem.  We explained what happened and we told him that they had us scheduled to be seen in 3+ days.  He said that if they could not reset it remotely, it was a serious problem and he would come himself tomorrow afternoon (2-4 PM Pacific time).  I'l let you know what we find out then....

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

You can also just activate the stuff yourself by using the automated phone system. Hit issues with cable TV, then hit activate new equipment.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Cathy Steve...this is most likely caused by provisioning issues on the boxes...call billing dept have them check the rate codes and then they can reinitialize the equipment..
Good luck...

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Sntholiday.... Get your moca disabled on your gateway..

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

Ill give it a try and report back.  who do I ask to do that.  Do you have a preferred number and department for that?

Thank you!

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

Hi Brandon,

We are having the same problem as Jen except both of our teminal boxes (150s) are not able to access recordings on the DVR in the living room. Sometimes they will see the recordings, but most of time they do not. A Comcast tech had us reboot the boxes which resolved the problem temporarily but was not a permanent fix. If we initiate a recording on one of the stand alone 150s we can then see the recordings on the DVR again, but again it is only temporary. Do we need to have a tech come out and check the equipment/installation? We've pretty much had this issue since the service was installed back in May. Thanks. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

10 years ago

Sntholiday.... Get your moca disabled on your gateway..

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Thank you Andrew for checking on that.....

Code monkey it is a roll of the ⚁ on that. Sometimes x1 dept knows how to do this, sometimes they send it to their two. You have a tuning error, but it could also mean that the channels are not provisioned. Taking it off then putting it back on will refresh the cable card, which could just got buggy for some weird reason ...

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

10 years ago

Hi Brandon,

We are having the same problem as Jen except both of our teminal boxes (150s) are not able to access recordings on the DVR in the living room. Sometimes they will see the recordings, but most of time they do not. A Comcast tech had us reboot the boxes which resolved the problem temporarily but was not a permanent fix. If we initiate a recording on one of the stand alone 150s we can then see the recordings on the DVR again, but again it is only temporary. Do we need to have a tech come out and check the equipment/installation? We've pretty much had this issue since the service was installed back in May. Thanks.

Checking your signal levels all 3 of your devices are out of spec on the upstream and that could why there's no communication, you may want to get a tech out anyway to get you into specs.

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Code monkey..have them take the box of the account then put it back on....

Contributor

• 

49 Messages

10 years ago

Woke up this morning to an un-registered X1 box.  Called support and they did an init.  It came back for a few hours than began to boot loop,  It is now dead acording to a level 2 tech and always reboots to a RDK03009.  The tech says this is weird because he can see my device has an IP but the error claims that it does not.  

He says the box it toast and needs to be replaced.  To bad, so sad, you loose everything...  
It would have been nice to at least been offered a credit for my hardship.  

Par for the corse for me though.  Nothing i have ever done that involved Comcast has ever gone right the first 6 times.  It's always hours of my time wasted, money lost and more frustration than my ex wife could ever offer.   But hey, what can I do, there is no other tv option where I live so I just have to bend over and take it.  

Thanks Comcast!

Problem Solver

• 

2.8K Messages

10 years ago

Not new customer. Robert is referring to certain techs not taking the time to make that signals are good enough to make x1 work. In a perfect world you could just plug in and watch TV. The issue is that the x1 has a built in modem and requires consistent clean signals to work consistent.. I read your other post are you going to get a tech to your home or go back to the old DVR?

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

10 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
Hi Brandon,

Checking your signal levels all 3 of your devices are out of spec on the upstream and that could why there's no communication, you may want to get a tech out anyway to get you into specs.
Didn't see any numbers for moca diagnostics, just moca network status enabled and moca link status link up. Thinking we need to have a tech come out like you said. Thanks for the quick response.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here