dz_inan's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

Saturday, February 10th, 2024 7:25 AM

X1 DVR Problems (Delayed selecting menu, bring up guide, changing channels)

I've used Xfinity's X1 DRV without issues since 2013 but since late December 2023 all I had was frustrating problems.  

The recorded shows were pixilated, sometimes freezing, all the functions on the DRV slowed down, remote commands were delayed.

At first I thought the DVR was having hardware issues but after swapping with another exact model (+ a new remote) at the Xfinity Store, issues did not resolve.

After my second visit to the Xfinity Store, they swapped it with a 4K DVR box and when I returned home same problems continued.

My next attempt was calling the customer support to ask if they can check my cable signal, which came back as good.

So, does anyone else have these very frustrating issues with DVR service?

By the way, if I use the Xfinity App on my Amazon Fire Stick, there are no problems watching TV or recorded programs, go figure. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.5K Messages

3 months ago

... pixilated, sometimes freezing ... remote commands were delayed ...

Those are usually caused by signal problems, despite what the rep told you. The Internet Troubleshooting Tips topic is not specifically for video, but video and remote signals follow the same path and it may help you find the cause. If not, you'll need to have one of their premise techs out to track it down.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

(edited)

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

3 months ago

Thank you @BruceW, your suggestion to have a Xfinity (Comcast) tech check it out is reasonable, but they told me that if they have to come in the house there would be a fee (up to $160).  

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

3 months ago

@dz_inan Thank you for reaching out so we can help with your DVR issues. We'll stick with you here until we confirm this has been resolved. Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section. Please include your name and address and I'll be happy to help.

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I returned the 2nd DVR box and swapped for a third one (refurbished of course), after I setup this unit, it had the same sluggish behavior as the other ones. 

When I researched it, found out that it has something to do with Cloud DVR recording and not local storage of programs, that's why response times vary. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here