Brian239's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 8:00 AM

Closed

X1 dvr not recording series

My dvr is recording some series but it won’t record any new series that we attempt to. After setting it up it tells us series recording set but in guide and in scheduled recordings they won’t show up unless we record the episodes individually. Why can’t we record series??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Comcross wrote:

I'm also having the same issue. I'm trying to record a Futurama marathon, however I think Comcast is preventing my DVR from recording the series because, I suspect, Comcast has all the episodes for sale to buy. This infuriates me, and should be illegal.

not sure why you think you are blocked. what procedure did you use to set the series recording?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Unable to record recurring episodes of new series 

@CCAndrew wrote:

@Brian239 wrote:
My dvr is recording some series but it won’t record any new series that we attempt to. After setting it up it tells us series recording set but in guide and in scheduled recordings they won’t show up unless we record the episodes individually. Why can’t we record series??

What's an example, to see if we can replicate it.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@c1xfinityy wrote:

Unable to record recurring episodes of new series 

@CCAndrew wrote:

@Brian239 wrote:

What's an example, to see if we can replicate it. 

did you select 'new episodes only'? you can check the description of the upcoming to verify it says 'new' and not 'repeat'.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem here and at another home I visited during the week. Spent an hour on the phone with customer service who had no idea either and insisted it was because the storage waa full, but both mine and my neighbors are less than 50% full. SO frustrating!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

This is not a helpful answer at all
First: the writer does have a problem and your success means nothing to him/us
Second the link is not for “all episodes “. It is just not reliable but there is a cause somewhere

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

We were able to set single shows to record.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I'm trying to record all episodes /series on my dvr. It says series recorded but it's not showing on the guide or my scheduled recordings. Now I have to record them all individually. What is the problem? Why is all the all episodes recording not working.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

The series is According to Jim and I have it set for new and repeats. I tried recording series Ambition which is a new show but it will only record individually.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

What’s the series?is it in reruns and you have the series recordings set for new?

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

cdenisejohnson7, that is strange! Thanks for letting us know about your series recording concerns. Are you following the exact steps here https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-record-a-series? 

Have you tried rebooting the box and then checking again? If the content is "orphaned" in the background provisioning, any new upcoming content won't record so I would recommend deleting the priority and the future recordings and trying to set up the series recording request again. Let us know what you get. 

Ken

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

i had this issue years ago found I had duplicate series (already existed) so adding new one didn't work. look through series recordings and see if one already exists. if it does remove it and be sure no others are in the seires priority list. then find next episode on the guide (not search) and record from there (new and repeats).

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

Hello @cdenisejohnson7, I hope all has been well with you since we last spoke. I wanted to follow up and see if what we suggested help correct this concern on your end? 

Official Employee

• 

3.5K Messages

5 years ago

@cdenisejohnson7, I never heard back from you on here but if you are still having this recording issue, please send me a Private Message including your name. Please create a new Public post for any new issues or concerns, we're here to help. Thank you and we appreciate you being the best part of Comcast. 

To send me a Private Message, please click my name “ComcastAmira” and click “send a message. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have been trying to record a series but the X1 DVR is not recording or scheduling the planned recording.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@GPSDAS wrote:

I have been trying to record a series but the X1 DVR is not recording or scheduling the planned recording.

xfinity button >> scheduled >> down >> up >> right to priority list and select. find the current entries for that series and press the 'D" button on the remote to remote them. exit that menu. using the guide locate the channel, date, and time of the next showing of that show and press the record button. select 'new only' or 'new and repeats'.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here