Brian239's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Wednesday, January 24th, 2018 8:00 AM

Closed

X1 dvr not recording series

My dvr is recording some series but it won’t record any new series that we attempt to. After setting it up it tells us series recording set but in guide and in scheduled recordings they won’t show up unless we record the episodes individually. Why can’t we record series??

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Almost 3 yr old dead thread closed. Feel free to start your own detailed post

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

@Brian239 wrote:
My dvr is recording some series but it won’t record any new series that we attempt to. After setting it up it tells us series recording set but in guide and in scheduled recordings they won’t show up unless we record the episodes individually. Why can’t we record series??

What's an example, to see if we can replicate it.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

My wife was trying to record “Tabatha takes over” on Bravo. I have just learned it’s only this show that won’t record series. I can record other series like CSI. Is that something normal?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

Tabatha Takes Over is an old show in repeats, is she setting the recording for New Episodes or New and Repeat? It won’t show up under scheduled recordings because it’s not being broadcast at all over the next 2 weeks(except for the episode being broadcast right now).

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

No problem, if anything else pops up, feel free to post again.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

6 years ago

She was doing it for new and repeat. When she was setting it up there was 3 episodes airing right after each other and wouldn’t record them as a series. Only as individual. But maybe it was because it’s not coming on for 2 weeks. Thank you for addressing and answering quickly. I appreciate it!

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

6 years ago

Another example:
Set last week and never recorded
Set today and “confirmed” but did not show up in scheduled recordings
Finally tried to record when show started but it would not record
Program is “Story of the Jews “ on pbs. (Local station is kqued)

Problem Solver

• 

538 Messages

6 years ago

@Laheydon wrote:
Another example:
Set last week and never recorded
Set today and “confirmed” but did not show up in scheduled recordings
Finally tried to record when show started but it would not record
Program is “Story of the Jews “ on pbs. (Local station is kqued)

Try to sync the DVR. If the DVR doesn't sync then the recording will not appear on the scheduled list.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

DVR has missed recording the first episode of new series several times. Second and forward set up to record and have worked. Not happy.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

I have the same problem. I have to select New and Repeat episodes to get episodes to record lately.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

6 years ago

It’s a known issue being worked on, you may have to record single episodes and double check that they’re set to record

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

It's still happening today and all of the sudden. Recording Roseanne on tvland. It recorded the series last saturday now this problem today.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

6 years ago

When choosing to record an entire series first find your program in the guide and press Record(red dot).
Select "All episodes"
Record = New and repeat episodes
Channels = SD preffered
Save = Until space is needed
Keep = All episodes
Start = On time
Stop = On time
It seems to be the Channels being set to "HD preffered" or a specific channel only that causes a problem.
Hope this helps! It worked for me.

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

6 years ago

@MikeSaz wrote:
When choosing to record an entire series first find your program in the guide and press Record(red dot).
Select "All episodes"
Record = New and repeat episodes
Channels = SD preffered
Save = Until space is needed
Keep = All episodes
Start = On time
Stop = On time
It seems to be the Channels being set to "HD preffered" or a specific channel only that causes a problem.
Hope this helps! It worked for me.

when using the guide and selecting new episodes and HD (being the channel selected) would be the proper way to record new episodes. new and repeat might be used to catch up on past episodes when in rerrun periods.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm also having the same issue. I'm trying to record a Futurama marathon, however I think Comcast is preventing my DVR from recording the series because, I suspect, Comcast has all the episodes for sale to buy. This infuriates me, and should be illegal.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here