I

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Friday, July 2nd, 2021 6:07 PM

Closed

X1 DVR Box Stuck in Reboot

Hello,

My X1 box is currently keeps cycling its boot process with 'boot' displaying on the box display. It makes some clicking noise and then goes to reboot again. I've tried multiple reboots of everything in my setup and I've also tried leaving the box off for a week or so and rebooting.

My guess is there is some sort of drive issue or something and I need a replacement so I am wondering how I go about getting it replaced.

Contributor

• 

68 Messages

3 years ago

I have done this 4 x in the past month with defective boxes.  You can call and wait on hold, or you can walk into a local Comcast store.

Expect no one to really help you or care.   You won't get what you really need, you will get whatever they have.  You can repeat this over and over again.

Or you can call, wait on hold, and get through.  they'll send you one.   And it won't be good, and you will repeat this over and over.

It [Edited: "Language"].   But this is how it it works now.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

112 Messages

3 years ago

@user_dcbdd5 I sent you a PM that may be of help to you.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

3 years ago

Hey there, @itsmuddy, thanks for reaching out through our Xfinity Forums platform regarding your X1 box. I apologize you are having issues with your box and we definitely want to get this resolved for you so you can enjoy your favorite programs! You have reached the right place! 

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Contributor

• 

131 Messages

3 years ago

Hi  Itsmuddy -  I had this problem and it was my HDMI cable that plugs into my TV and to my Xfinity X1 Box.

I unplugged at both ends of the HDMI cables, then plugged them both in again, making sure they

are pushed in at both ends all the way/tight.  Your TV may reboot once and TV will come back on normal.

Seems if the HDMI is loose or is pulling out of either or both ends, the rebooting cannot make the full

reboot connection and cannot continue.

Hope this helps you - good luck.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here