U

Wednesday, February 14th, 2024 4:42 AM

X1 DVR 1 minute off

I've read all the complaints about dvr's

being off by one minute. I have the same problem. All of my recordings start a minute early but then cut off about a minute at the end. And all the Times when you have the option for the quick forward over commercials. It's off by a minute as well very annoying. 

I've heard everyone complaining, but the only very partial solution I've seen from Comcast is to set your DVR to record 5 extra minutes. But that is only a tiny bit of problem, and boy that's a big deal when you record about fifty different things. 

COMCAST DO YOU HAVE A REAL FIX?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

Hello, @user_diane. I'm sorry to hear you're having issues with the recording being off by a minute. I know this could by annoying especially if you're used to recording multiple programs during the week.

So that we don't go over something you've already done, can you please share with me what troubleshooting steps have you completed on your own? Have you by any chance reset the DVR by using the incredible Xfinity app?

5 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ I've done what everyone else has already done.  Reset my DVR, reset my XFINITY box, unplug multiple times.  With many others complaining about this, it's clearly an issue you at XFINITY are aware of.   It's not just me.  I've already gone through the PAINFUL opening of every show I record and added 3 minutes to the end so that I'd stop missing the last minute of every show. So annoying. I pray I don't run into the issue of too many items wanting to record at the same time just because of the overlap of programs.

But, still very annoying is the fact that the quick fast forward on commercial breaks still leaves another minute of commercials yet to play.  It was slightly better after the DVR reset xfinity help sent me, but still there. 

This has to be a known issue you are working on for some time.   I saw notes back several YEARS on this.

5 Messages

@XfinityRaul​  It's  been about two months since we privately chatted on this issue.... You had me keep several episodes on my DVR for your investigation.  My DVR is still doing this.  What's the progress????

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

4 months ago

I completely understand your frustration, @user_diane. I appreciate you doing everything you can on your end to remedy this situation. We've noticed customers using different troubleshooting steps to resolve this issue and it appears you've gone through them all. I'd like the opportunity to take a closer look at your account and see if sending a couple of signals from my end resolves this problem once and for all.

In order to get started, can you please send me a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

5 Messages

@XfinityRaul​ I've tried the chat, but all I get is a bot. and when I try the chat from hear, it doesn't see xfinityraul or @XfinityRaul either.  How do I get just to you?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_diane, my name won't appear as an option. You must send the private message to Xfinity Support and it will direct the message to me.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

5 Messages

I think I just did that....I send a direct message addressed to Xfinity Support, with my name, address, phone....etc. thanks.

1 Message

What is the fix? I have the same problem. 

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @user_diane!  Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum.  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can in addressing this DVR issue for you.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message with the details, and we can get started. 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here