JLP57's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, August 29th, 2019 6:00 PM

Closed

Why has the amber LED on my X1 DVR been on recently while watching TV?

During the last few days when watching TV , the amber LED on my DVR comes on and stays on. Any ideas why?

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

5 years ago

Last night about 10pm or so my set top box went off and it was obviously getting a refreshed signal to it because after this happened, the amber light is now out and is staying out. Thank you Comcast!

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

That worked for me....thanks!

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

5 years ago

A reboot made my data light go off but as soon as the box was turned on again, so did the data light. I finally got the light to turn off after reading a post from another poster.

I went to the menu screen to the section that adjusts the brightness of devices. Turned the setting to OFF and then back to where I had it. Data light turned off...finally!!!

As with other posters, I had NO messages from xfinity.

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

5 years ago

@MikeB39A wrote:

Last night about 10pm or so my set top box went off and it was obviously getting a refreshed signal to it because after this happened, the amber light is now out and is staying out. Thank you Comcast!

Well, it was fine for 1 day. After the overnight refresh, the amber light is back.  Smiley Sad

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Another user in the thread said to change the power and clock light settings to 0 or low/off and then reset. It went off after I did that it has not returned so far...I will need to check tonight.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

Turning the brightness levels off and back on seems to be working for me.

Go to settings/device settings/device lights

Turn off Power Light Brightness and Clock Light Brightness.  Then return both settings to where they were.

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

5 years ago

@khdailey wrote:

Turn off Power Light Brightness and Clock Light Brightness.  Then return both settings to where they were.

I just did that and it worked for me too!  I suppose if it (amber data light) eventually comes back on that just turned the first setting (not clock) off would be a work around.

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

It started 3 days ago. No messages to read. Solid light no idea why?????

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Since I turned off Power Saving, the amber "data" LED has remained off.

Thank you to the person who suggested that.

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

5 years ago

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

Only works temporarily; have to do it every time I turn the box back on. 😟

Problem Solver

• 

530 Messages

5 years ago

@jsidewater wrote:
Only works temporarily; have to do it every time I turn the box back on. 😟

Try turning off power saver - it worked for me - good luck!

Regular Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I just changed it down then up the light went out and 6 hrs later it’s hasn't come back. Must be some kind of bug in the software.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Turning lights off does it.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

I have had the same problem for the last few weeks I’ve tried everything nothing works I have the same receiver that’s pictured
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here