M

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Thursday, January 19th, 2023 6:27 AM

Closed

What’s up with the stained and dirty X1 box?

I recently upgraded to a 4K tv. I requested a new XG1v4 box so I can use the apps. Instead I got mailed a stained and dirty XG1v3 box. It’s actually kinda gross. I’m definitely sending it back. Would it be better to go into my local Xfinity to get the XG1v4 box? 

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Official Employee

• 

2K Messages

2 years ago

Hey there, thanks for reaching out, and I apologize for the equipment you received. We would be happy to help you with getting a new 4K box shipped out to you.

Please send us a private message with your name and service address to "Xfinity Support" by clicking on the chat icon at the top right of the page. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@XfinityJeniece​ Thanks. I've submitted the private message with the requested info.

Official Employee

• 

1.9K Messages

Thanks for working with us to replace the box, @mixxedcraft. We appreciate your help and patience while we shipped a new box to you. Please feel free to create a new post in the future if you need our help. We are happy to assist you! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Problem Solver

• 

830 Messages

2 years ago

The store will be no better. 

Long story short, I requested a 4k one, which was mailed to me. The one I recieved was a wreck, but I tried it anyway. It didn't solve my issues so I sent the one I recieved back and hooked up my old one. Tech Support advised me to try to see if a Xg1V3 would solve the issues, which I went to the store for. They have me the Pace Version in shrink wrap.

I got home and opened it to find the front screen bulging out of the case and the box was dented, scratched, dirty, and chipped. To make matters worse the box didn't even work. Was stuck in a reboot cycle, which was no surprise given the physical destroyed condition of the box. 

Xfinity continues to recycle equipment with no regard for the condition of it. 

I have an extremely nice setup and am always disappointed with the quality of the equipment. Even ignoring the physical condition, the boxes never seem to work right when they are beaten. 

If somebody on here could actually send you "BRAND NEW" equipment, then I would love to know. I would even pay extra for brand new equipment. 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

@Tek​ I'll keep you posted. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

1 year ago

I was having problems with my V4 box. They mailed me a new one. It definitely was used. I hooked it up and it had the same issue as my original box. Don’t they even look at these returns and test them? They finally gave me a V3 box which finally worked. The tech said they v4 boxed have lots of issues. So I have a choice of 4K and no tv or tv and no 4K. Really comcast?

(edited)

Problem Solver

• 

830 Messages

@user_64992c​ The 4k boxes are terrible. Nothing on Comcast is 4k other than Netflix 4k. So just watch Netflix through a smart TV app. You really are not missing much by going with the v3 box. 

What was your issue? 

(edited)

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

My issue was my v4 box started randomly restarting and getting stuck on the welcome screen. A reboot used to fix it. Then it wouldn’t get past the welcome screen no matter what I did.  The second box did the same thing. I watch Netflix through my Apple TV so I guess I’m not missing much. Many thanks for that info. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here