U

16 Messages

Wednesday, October 25th, 2023 7:10 PM

Closed

What is "NowTV" that the xfinity support people are trying to sell me?

My monthly cost just went up $10 for my channels, internet, and my two dvr boxes (yes, I'm old school and in fact i am old and set in my ways).

It seems the support people are trying to convince me to switch to "NowTV" and to be honest I don't understand what it is.

Can someone point me to some online information about what "NowTV" actually is?  The support person implied far fewer channels and its own "box", which would be different from my current DVR boxes/equipment.

It is unsettling that it seems several times a year now there are cost increases in my xfinity services.  It is true I only watch a subset of all the channels available to me (for example, I watch zero sports), so I'd be willing to look at a different option if it would help me to save money.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

11 months ago

Good afternoon @user_m1jddz! For more information on NOW TV we have this really helpful site. This site will also take you to the channel lineup to show what channels are included with NOW TV. Just like with Xfinity Flex, the first flex box is included with NOW TV. 

16 Messages

Thank you for the reply!

I am so confused because I actually don't know what I have now.  I guess it is called "TV Popular Double Play" 

I still don't understand why between my previous bill due Oct 19 and this bill (due Nov 19) my cost went up $10 per month.  Did I miss a memo about an increase?  Can you help me to figure this out?  I have been on Support Chat for hours this morning with two different people and neither explained this to me. It has been frustrating.

ALSO:  I did go to that web page.  It is not clear what channels are available (it says 40+ Live Channels) and... when I click on the "SHOP" button it results in an error page:

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Could you please send our team a direct message with your full name and full address @user_m1jddz? Our team can most definitely take a further look at the increase. To send a "Direct Message" to Xfinity Support:

Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there
 - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list
 - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
Press Enter to send it.

See https://comca.st/3KQF8q9 for an example.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

16 Messages

Hello.  As per your suggestion I have sent a DM to "Xfinity Support"

Thank you in advance for any help.

1 Message

8 months ago

I just switched to Now TV after discovering I was $250 a month for internet and cable. My bill was originally $160 a month then mysteriously my bill became higher. After speaking with a representative I thought I was sure what I was getting but after logging into my app I hardly have any channels I watch and I don't have access to local channels. I am a creature of habit and liked what I had with Xfinity. Now I am contemplating leaving them. I'm frustrated with the ever changing cable plans and hidden price hikes with Xfinity. This is the second time I have experienced outrageously high prices being a customer with them. 

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hi there @user_adag2z!  Thanks so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum to voice your billing concerns.  We are so glad to hear from you and want to help in any way that we can to ensure that you are being provided with the best experience while keeping pricing well within your budget.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message any time so that we can help.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here