U

Tuesday, November 28th, 2023 1:45 AM

Closed

What happens to DVR shows when downgrading TV?

I currently have a TV+Internet bundle with the 125 channels. I'd like to drop to the 10 channel plan. I have a few months of shows on the DVR right now from channels that are not on the 10 channel plan. If I downgrade TV, do I lose access to those saved shows? 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

10 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_gz4thg! The short answer is no. If you record a show you have it for 1yr. After that it will auto-erase from your DVR. That includes PPVs and shows you may have recorded in a higher tier package that you no longer have. 

2 Messages

I’m addressing Xfinity dropping my full DVR service to half when I went from 1000g internet speed to 800!! They never told me that would happen. The full DVR pkg I had for 18 yrs was downgraded automatically ! To have it I had to pay $10.00 more a month for something that I already had. So the $20 discount by using 800 gig’s instead of 1000 actually amounted to 10 bucks. Now I’m a 20 yr Xfinity customer including my phone and I will definitely be cutting the cord! They are sneaky when they make changes. It’s happened to me a lot w/Xfinity, the DVR situation I didn’t see coming. Does anyone remember when the Comcast office in Santa Cruz was a tiny building on Soquel Ave in Midtown? WE are PAYING for their million dollar buildings now.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here