U

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Saturday, February 17th, 2024 8:48 PM

Closed

Voicemail app not working on my cable box

I can not check my landline voicemail on my cable tv.  The app is not connecting.  I get error code apps-04154.  I’ve been on the phone with customer service and the escalation team.  They now claim this is a company wide issue with the app (I haven’t had the service for about a month).  They said you all are working on it (I don’t believe it or it would be done by now).  Do you have a company wide issue with the app as I’ve been told?  Please don’t tell me I need to talk to a random new person.  This is honestly ridiculous.

Official Solution

1 Message

10 days ago

Still not working as of today

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@user_qvlzmx 

Comcast continuously evaluates the content that it delivers to our customers. As part of this ongoing evaluation, the Voicemail app on X1 has been retired.

As of 05/07/2024 The Voicemail app has been removed from the X1 Apps menu. Customers attempting to launch the app by voice command will see a tip card stating that the app is no longer available, but they can still check voicemail online or from their home phone.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

2 Messages

3 months ago

I have been having the same issue for over 4 months.  It has been a journey trying to resolve this. Just had a Tech here and he said to just press *99 on the phone to retrieve my voicemail. He basically avoided the question and said he would "bubble it" to see if there is anyone else having the same issues. Told me not to call into customer service about this, I would just get somebody (foreign) who gives you wrong information. I went through 4 set boxes that I had to take back and forth all 4 times to the Xfinity store that is about 12 miles one way. Chatted with the virtual assistant, scheduled a service call. Waited and no show. Finally, got to speak with a live person and scheduled another service call. The previous person forgot to finish the ticket? I'm beginning to think they don't know what the problem is and don't know what to do or say.  My husband is very hard of hearing and prefers to read to voicemail. After all it is a feature of the phone line.   I have tried googling the problem and it only gives you a possible fix for the mobile phone not your home phone. Passing the buck hoping you'll forget. It's is very frustrating!  I hope they find a solution very soon. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

3 months ago

Good afternoon @user_e837ef, and thank you for reaching out on our Community Forums. We apologize for the frustrating experience and there is a known issue with the voicemail app. Our engineering team is investigating and we hope to have a resolution soon. Currently, our only temporary solution is to check your voicemail through the phone or website. We apologize for the inconvenience and appreciate your patience.

1 Message

Im also having this problem and i can not access them on my computer either 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

@XfinityAlyssaA​ if you know it’s an issue you should make this known to your users through email or whatever we’re on the cable and stop making customers search everywhere to find out that it’s a systemwide problem and not their issue either.

2 Messages

This has been a problem (I have been experiencing for well more than a month already. I absolutely agree with you that Comcast misses the boat when they ignore "customer service considerations" that would recognize the need to proactively inform ALL users.   Additionally, it is hard to imagine why an issue like this is not already corrected and resolved (given the more than 30 days that Comcast acknowledges same).

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here