schnappsy's profile

Contributor

 • 

79 Messages

Wed, Jan 23, 2019 1:00 PM

Upcoming X1 Updates

I am sick and tired of all the shows being held in the cloud are basically unwatchable. They start, pause, skip and it looks like SD instead of HD. This has been going on for weeks off and on. What’s the scoop on why?
 
EVERY single show we try to watch is in the cloud DVR and stopping and starting. How do I see what’s in the cloud? Better yet, someone please explain how things get recorded to a cloud? If it’s on the DVR it plays just fine. How do I move the shows on the cloud to my DVR because the cloud is obviously not working. Prices go up and I have to give things up to keep the prices down. I’m not a happy Comcast customer at this point!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

2 y ago

How does a company this big, servicing over 20 million people, release a bug into their sofware and not fix it?   astounding

 

Guess it doesn't reduce their on demand revenue any, so why bother...

 

I would be so embarrased at the lack of pride in the x1 product.

 

 


@tbill1 wrote:

 

 

 

This is the first time it's re-started a recording "farther forward", it usually restarts it correctly, completely over, or about 3-5 minutes earlier.

 

 

It must be a common problem, because I record multiple games a night and switch back and forth.  Your description of the problem is dead on.  However, I have not experienced a "farther forward" yet.

 

 


 


 

tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

2 y ago

Not sure how content providers are related to a DVR playback bug.

 


@RobertWy wrote:

@tctc wrote:

How does a company this big, servicing over 20 million people, release a bug into their sofware and not fix it?   astounding

 

Guess it doesn't reduce their on demand revenue any, so why bother...

 

I would be so embarrased at the lack of pride in the x1 product.

 

 


@tbill1 wrote:

 

 

 

This is the first time it's re-started a recording "farther forward", it usually restarts it correctly, completely over, or about 3-5 minutes earlier.

 

 

It must be a common problem, because I record multiple games a night and switch back and forth.  Your description of the problem is dead on.  However, I have not experienced a "farther forward" yet.

 

 


 


 


Comcast has no leverage with the content providers, which not only provide content for Comcast but other Companies like AT@T, and Dish.

I googled and found this:

https://www.reviews.com/tv-providers/

There are other choices.


 

Regular Contributor

 • 

496 Messages

2 y ago

Thank you Comcast for the awesome upcoming X1 update we recently got!!! I just noticed that the stream app now allows me to record programs on my X1 DVR, like it used to before the TiVo copyright mess. I am so glad this was resolved and functionality was restored!!

Regular Contributor

 • 

496 Messages

2 y ago

There appears to be a problem from a recent update that I was curious if an upcoming x1 update is going to fix. The problem is this. When you have multiple episodes of a program on DVR recorded and it asks if you want to watch the next episode and then you say yes it defaults to on demand even when the episode is on the DVR. It used to ask how you would like to watch (choose between dvr and ondemand). This is new behavior. Will an upcoming update fix this? I have verified I have next episode suggestions turned on so it should go to the dvr episode and not on demand.

Regular Contributor

 • 

496 Messages

2 y ago

Awesome. I am so glad to hear it is a known issue and being fixed. Thanks for the fast response!!!
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

2 y ago


@brandonbob2376 wrote:
There appears to be a problem from a recent update that I was curious if an upcoming x1 update is going to fix. The problem is this. When you have multiple episodes of a program on DVR recorded and it asks if you want to watch the next episode and then you say yes it defaults to on demand even when the episode is on the DVR. It used to ask how you would like to watch (choose between dvr and ondemand). This is new behavior. Will an upcoming update fix this? I have verified I have next episode suggestions turned on so it should go to the dvr episode and not on demand.

a comcast employee said version 106 of the XRE should fix that issue.

tctc

Most Valued Poster

 • 

520 Messages

2 y ago

Well great, that's #3 of 5 bugs they've introduced "recently" that I listed in the DVR discussion.

 

Any chance they'll fix the other 4?

 


@Rustyben wrote:

@brandonbob2376 wrote:
There appears to be a problem from a recent update that I was curious if an upcoming x1 update is going to fix. The problem is this. When you have multiple episodes of a program on DVR recorded and it asks if you want to watch the next episode and then you say yes it defaults to on demand even when the episode is on the DVR. It used to ask how you would like to watch (choose between dvr and ondemand). This is new behavior. Will an upcoming update fix this? I have verified I have next episode suggestions turned on so it should go to the dvr episode and not on demand.

a comcast employee said version 106 of the XRE should fix that issue.


 

New to the Community?

Start Here