schnappsy's profile

Contributor

• 

94 Messages

Wednesday, January 23rd, 2019 1:00 PM

Closed

Upcoming X1 Updates

I am sick and tired of all the shows being held in the cloud are basically unwatchable. They start, pause, skip and it looks like SD instead of HD. This has been going on for weeks off and on. What’s the scoop on why?

EVERY single show we try to watch is in the cloud DVR and stopping and starting. How do I see what’s in the cloud? Better yet, someone please explain how things get recorded to a cloud? If it’s on the DVR it plays just fine. How do I move the shows on the cloud to my DVR because the cloud is obviously not working. Prices go up and I have to give things up to keep the prices down. I’m not a happy Comcast customer at this point!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Contributor

• 

496 Messages

5 years ago

Comcast reps? Am I correct that this feature "auto resume" only works on the mainstream networks of ABC, NBC, CBS, Fox + the one non mainstream Bravo? 

I love the feature but just want clear guidelines on how this upcoming update is implemented so  that I can ensure to use it to its max because I truly think it is one of the best recent updates. Granted, I have been using it in Comcast labs for quite a while but I am not sure once it left labs if the rules of when it works changed.

Thanks for your time!!

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I watch alot of the mainstream networks and all of the big 4 plus Bravo work for me. I agree would be nice to get some confirmation here from comcast on this one. 

@tctc wrote:

It did just show up without turning it on in labs.  But still seems to only work for certain shows.  Or maybe I just don't record enought prime time network TV.

This is the type of thing that it would be useful if a Comcast employee listed here, but then maybe I just missed it since they stopped posting the monthly updates.

@brandonbob2376 wrote:

I am not sure what you mean by auto resume but if you are speaking of fast forwarding through commercials and it auto stops after the break, I have had that for almost a year. I love it!!

I have found it works on all mainstream networks (ABC, CBS, Fox, NBC) and a couple of the less mainstream. I think Bravo is the less mainstream it works on but dont qoute me on that.

Edit - I think you might not have known about it as early as I because it was a feature that had to be enabled in the comcast labs. Sounds like this might have become non labs feature, which is how you got it now. Just a theory...

@tctc wrote:

Great update, Auto Resume.  Is there a doc somewhere that shows which programs offer this?  I just found it randomly on a couple of my recordings.  Best new feature since I've been a customer, hopefully it becomes widespread. 

Ridiculous/illegal update, removing Cinemax and continuing to charge me for it.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

From
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dvr-smart-resume

Can I use Smart Resume for all programs and networks?
No. Smart Resume isn't available for all programs and networks. Right now, Smart Resume is only available for top shows on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, Bravo, HGTV, Discovery, MTV and TLC. It can only be used on eligible programs you recorded after January 1, 2019.

Regular Contributor

• 

244 Messages

5 years ago

@CCAndrew wrote:
From
https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/dvr-smart-resume

Can I use Smart Resume for all programs and networks?
No. Smart Resume isn't available for all programs and networks. Right now, Smart Resume is only available for top shows on NBC, ABC, CBS, FOX, CW, Bravo, HGTV, Discovery, MTV and TLC. It can only be used on eligible programs you recorded after January 1, 2019.

Looks like some changes have been made to the Smart Resume feature.   It used to apply to Prime Time only and also only to the major Networks.   I do not see Prime Time mentioned and see they've added more stations.   I happened to notice Smart Resume was working this past Sunday when I recorded Fox's boradcast of the NHRA finals on Sunday afternoon, not evening.    And Smart Resume was working.  It was even working while actively recording.   It used to only take affect a short period after the broadcast ended and not during.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

5 years ago

Can anyone comment on why the last update changed the behavior from: slow motion to pause, to: slow motion to play, when pressing the play/pause button?

The change must have been made by someone who doesn't use the functionality, it would be great if that could be change back...

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Hi All, 

Yes, smart resume has expanded to apply to X1 DVR recordings (the feature is now out of Beta). I was so excited to hear this especially since it was one of my favorite Comcast Lab features. In order to turn it on, please navigate using this order path: Settings > Preferences > General.

tctc, are you referring to when you press play while fast forwarding in smart resume? 

Ken

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Ken,

No, I meant when you press play while in slow motion.

It used to be that you were in slow motion, if you pressed play/pause it would pause.

Now it plays.  And even if  you then press pause quickly, you don't end up in the same spot, there is a skip/delay.

Another sports watching feature destroyed...

@CCKenF wrote:

Hi All, 

Yes, smart resume has expanded to apply to all X1 DVR recordings (the feature is now out of Beta). I was so excited to hear this especially since it was one of my favorite Comcast Lab features. In order to turn it on, please navigate using this order path: Settings > Preferences > General.

tctc, are you referring to when you press play while fast forwarding in smart resume? 

Ken

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

Ah, I see. I just tried it on my cable box and it played right after being in slow motion instead of pause. I'll send your feedback to the team. 

Ken

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

5 years ago

awesome, thanks!

(It's been like that since an update was pushed a couple months back)

@CCKenF wrote:

Ah, I see. I just tried it on my cable box and it played right after being in slow motion instead of pause. I'll send your feedback to the team. 

Ken

Contributor

• 

99 Messages

5 years ago

The updates are backlogged. For example, my box is running on the july26 prodsey.bin ( the naming is not exact) , if you go to settings, general, about you'll see the about Xfinity tv and an older date in the year/month depending on what box you have and firmware version, and what area you live in

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

5 years ago

Hi Ken,  Did you get any feedback if there's a chance they might fix the slow mo/pause issue?

Do you know why the we can't get the Xfinity button to default to something else?  Or at least remember where it was last?  Seems to be the most simple and logical thing possible.  Defaulting to something that already has it's own button is just crazy, can't believe this hasn't been fixed.

@CCKenF wrote:

Ken

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

5 years ago

There is a real problem with the guide for the last three weeks. Some programmer who doesn't bother to test his code fixed the guide to try to show seven pictures in the guide per line when only six will fit. Ergo, the last picture only shows about 1/8 of a picture and you can't tell what movie it is without pressing enter when it is highlighted and look at the synopsis. Unfortunately, my box has locked completely up three three time when I did this and I mean locked up ! The box will not respond to the remote at all.  Xfinity Button ? NAH ! Yellow button ? NAH !

The upshot is I had to do a "Cold Boot" by pulling the power plug. UHG !

The ghost of the first few years of Xfinty is still around and hauting. I reported this to Comcast a week and a half ago but so far No action on their part.

Contributor

• 

598 Messages

5 years ago

My connections are fine. This is a problem related to the guide trying to show seven movie pictures per line when only six are visable to the user. This would qualify as a newbie programmer mistake where I come from and should have been fixed by now. The Comcast rep I talked to on the phone said she also could not view the seventh movie listed on each line. My box hasn't locked up on anything else for a long time,   >> 2 years.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

5 years ago

Any chance I could get a reply or update on the "continue watching a recording, starting at the wrong place" bug that was introduced in one of the "Updates" a while back?

I thought I saw an official Comcast rep reply here saying they'd look into it.

I still have the issue, tried to watch Formula 1 this weekend, of the 4 times I restarted the recording, 3 times it started me over at the beginning and I had to try to FF and remember where I left off.

Worse, I was watching a volleyball recording, and when I went back to that it started me much farther along in recording, so I saw the score in future sets and it totally ruined if for me.  

This is the first time it's re-started a recording "farther forward", it usually restarts it correctly, completely over, or about 3-5 minutes earlier.

Contributor

• 

587 Messages

5 years ago

This is the first time it's re-started a recording "farther forward", it usually restarts it correctly, completely over, or about 3-5 minutes earlier.

It must be a common problem, because I record multiple games a night and switch back and forth.  Your description of the problem is dead on.  However, I have not experienced a "farther forward" yet.

Contributor

• 

539 Messages

5 years ago

How does a company this big, servicing over 20 million people, release a bug into their sofware and not fix it?   astounding

Guess it doesn't reduce their on demand revenue any, so why bother...

I would be so embarrased at the lack of pride in the x1 product.

@tbill1 wrote:

It must be a common problem, because I record multiple games a night and switch back and forth.  Your description of the problem is dead on.  However, I have not experienced a "farther forward" yet.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here