K

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Monday, October 11th, 2021 6:04 PM

Closed

"Unlocked" X1 Apps are requiring the Parental Control PIN

Almost all Streaming type apps are requiring the Parental Control PIN even though I have specifically set them as unlocked.

A specific case is the Netflix app.

I have tried unlocking specific apps as well as just unlocking all apps and I am still prompted for the PIN.

This is happening to me even though it was supposedly previously addressed in this conversation:

https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/x1/x1-apps-and-parental-controls/6059e96dba200c4ef1c41589

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @Kaneril! That is odd that the PIN is still showing up after selecting the apps to be unlocked. Have you also tried removing the Parental Control PIN altogether to see if that resets the permissions?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I have tried resetting Parental Controls completely, but it is still asking for the PIN on Netflix which I take marked as unlocked. 

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

Hmm, are you able to remove Netflix from your app list and re-add it to see if that helps? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I don’t see a  remove Netflix from my apps list?

Contributor

• 

317 Messages

No worries! I just wanted to see if the option is available. At this point, I do want to take a closer look at things and see if there's something we can help clear out. Please send me a Direct Message with the full name of the Account Owner and yourself, if different, as well as the full address on file. 

To send a Message:
1. Click on the Chat Bubble icon in the upper right corner.
2. Search for "Xfinity Support" and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop down list.
3. Type your message in the text area.
4. Press Enter to send!

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

For the edification of the community at large. After many hours of troubleshooting. This is still not working.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @Kaneril, we truly want your services working as they should be. Could you please send us a Private message? We'd love to continue troubleshooting this issue with you.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Another update:

Working with “Level 2” support, we were still not able to disable the Parental Control PIN for launching Netflix while still having the PIN set up for ratings. However, I am able to launch Disney+ without the PIN. 

They are sending me a new box to try, but I’m not hopeful.

The agent that I was talking to and I think that this is being caused by the X1 software thinking that it needs to block all streaming apps that offer any content that may fall under the rating restrictions that I have in place instead of letting me decide which apps should be blocked independently. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

It turns out that the X1 platform of trying to be too helpful. Because most streaming apps have content that would be blocked by the rating locks that I have set, it has decided that the entire app needs to be blocked instead of respecting the app lock status that I choose. 

Problem Solver

• 

909 Messages

Thank you for the update, @Kaneril! Were they able to work out a fix for you or are you still waiting for a new box to be delivered? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

I received the new box, but the problem is still present. This appears to be “working as designed”, but it does not meet my needs. 

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Thank you for your continued patience and cooperation in troubleshooting the issue and going through the steps with us. We truly appreciate your feedback in the Parental Control feature, it saddens me that at this time it does not meet your needs. If there are any other questions we can assist you with please feel free to reach back out to us at anytime. 

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

2 years ago

I am having the same issue and am feeling frustrated as I try to get the box set up the way I would like. Even though I have apps that I have selected to be unlocked they are requiring a password. I had a box I just exchanged, that I had had for over a year, and it never had this issue. I had to exchange it because it started shutting off on me all the time. 
i would love a fix to this problem so that I can still use the flex box. 
please help

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here