LeeSoFL's profile

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

Wednesday, July 3rd, 2024 11:08 AM

Two Years Later - IS SMART RESUME EVER GOING TO BE FIXED?

The claim "they're working on it" has got to be a joke.  Their system is off by 40 SECONDS, and that reflects in the fact that all programs start 40 seconds later than they should.  Where is this delay coming from?  I've been on the phone with people in other parts of the country, and on the same program they're watching. My feed is lagging by 40 seconds.  AND, the SMART RESUME comes out of FF with 40 seconds of commercial still remaining.  

RELATED?  I'd say so, but get them to look at it or correct it, crickets!  

And finally, when you report it, they ask- is the box plugged in, is the connection tight, did you eat your breakfast?  I mean, really Comcast, let's get serious!

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

3 months ago

It's perfectly lined up when you are viewing a cloud recording. It's my opinion it's exactly how they want it, because all recordings will be cloud based only soon.

Why fix something that will not be around?

I welcome and encourage an Xfinity person here to disprove my theory or provide a "CONCRETE" reason why it's been so long without a remedy. Not some esoteric corporate placating double-speak,, or a copy and paste from the list of allowable responses..

Personally, I have turned off the feature and just FF through commercial breaks the old fashioned way. It's faster and less frustrating.

(edited)

Contributor

• 

416 Messages

@westwayneguy88888​ How do you get your selections to be viewed on the cloud and not the in-home physical DVR?  Personally, I'm not a fan of programs on the cloud as they have that low-quality streaming effect.  Also, slow motion isn't available on cloud based material.  NO on-demand material has the smart resume feature, but white time lines where the commercial is placed, and that doesn't drop into play at the end of the commercial.  

Little by little, Comcast has gotten worse, offering less features than before with questionable "quality" changes.  The product looks worse every year, and the reliability of their signal to begin with is terrible.  In the last 30 days, I have NOT HAD CABLE SERVICE 11 DAYS.

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

@LeeSoFL​ 

everything is from the cloud when playing back on the wireless4K box Xi6 - this is how i found out about how it is synched up

as far as making every recording come from the cloud, I suggest this, move your DVR box to the location you use the least and unplug it, all recordings will still happen, but they will only be cloud based as the DVR is not physically on.

This is best you have 3+ boxes in your house, if you only have 1-2 then having to plug it in when you want to use that tv can be a pain

i know of no other way to force something to be cloud recording only

hope this helps

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hey @LeeSoFL, Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the Xfinity Video and DVR service. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

Are you currently receiving an error code or message on the set-top box that we can use to reference the issue at hand? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Contributor

• 

107 Messages

@XfinityDemitrius​ please read the thread,   it's an ongoing issue about smart resume not resuming correctly. No error code pops up for that type of misbehavior

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

2.6K Messages

@westwayneguy88888 We can definitely look into the troubleshooting options available if you would like to try to troubleshoot this. Please send us a DM with your full name and address to get started.

To send a direct message:
Click "Sign In" if necessary
Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
Click the "New message" (pen and paper) icon
The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
Press Enter to send it

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here