Visitor

• 

1 Message

Sunday, July 10th, 2022 8:36 PM

Closed

TV turns back on after being turned off

@XfinityRyanE​ 

Hello Ryan,

I have the same problem noted above but I see no answer on the forum.  I have a Samsung TV setup with a Yamaha receiver for sound.  The comcast remote is programmed to operate both TV and stereo functions.  My problem is that the power off button on the comcast remote shuts both systems off but then two seconds later the TV turns back on again.  I have to use my Samsung remote control to shut it off (again).  Please help!

This post was created from this reply on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

2 years ago

Hey @user_1442c8, thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support on our forums. I moved your comment to the TV forum for better visibility. That would get annoying quick having to use two remotes all the time and I'd love to help. I'm wondering if there is a delay that triggers the TV to auto turn on again. Does it do it if the HDMI is directly plugged from the TV box to the TV? Also, does your TV have a auto detect option for the HDMI devices? Since the TV box doesn't shut off, that could be what is doing it as well.

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

2 years ago

My tv does the same thing. Just bought a new LG tv but the remote turned everything off on the old Sony set. I went through the process of resetting the remote  and repairing it but still does it. Has anyone ever figured this out?

Contributor

• 

29 Messages

2 years ago

Never mind. I see I can access the xfinity's Flex box via my LG remote. So I don't need Xfinity's remote. The reason I want to use the Flex box is because the picture looks better using YT through it than through LG's YT app even tho using the same settings. Weird. 

Contributor

• 

367 Messages

Hello @MSDOGS1976! Thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums Community, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. Seems like you have things figured out. I wanted to double-check to see if you needed any further help, can you let us know? 

I no longer work for Comcast.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Turn my tv cable back on

Official Employee

• 

192 Messages

Hello @user_3701e3! Thank you for reaching out to us through our Xfinity Forums Community, and thank you for your patience while awaiting our response. Unexpected service issues are never fun and I can completely understand the urgency to have your services restored. I will be more than happy to assist you here. To get started, can you send me a direct message with your full name and service address, please? 

To send a direct message [private message]:
 •    Click "Sign In" if necessary
 •    Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging
 •    Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 •    The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.
 •    - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.
 •    - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.
 •    Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
   Press Enter to send it

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here