U

Saturday, February 24th, 2024 11:55 PM

TV pixelation issues

Tech came out and said bad splitter, turned on diff channels and seemed fine. Two days later still happening on FOX. Switching and dropping Xfinity TV. Joke

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

5 months ago

I'm sorry to hear the issue is still occurring, @user_xseumr. This is not the experience we would like you to have. Just to confirm, did you try the regular troubleshooting steps we usually recommend? Checking the connection from the wall plate to the TV box to make sure it's tight, and rebooting the box manually or through the Xfinity App.

3 Messages

Tried troubleshooting, 2nd tech came out and put in new box. 2 days later, same pixelation issue. Going back to DirecTV after several years. Total joke. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Many, many others have the same issue , myself included.  

It is due to Xfinity's terrible network, it is not a 'local in your house' issue as they will try to tell us.

They do not care about their users, they are only there to price gouge us to death while delivering low quality service. Whilst we, the consumer, have no other choice.

3 Messages

It’s crazy given their internet service is solid & far better than ATT - never had this TV problem over the last 4 years. Clearly they aren’t addressing their network issues. For TV prior to last 4 years, had DirecTV for 20 years - only went to all Comcast when moved since figured Triple Pay was easier. Guess not. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue @fletch79dj. Did you try the recommended troubleshooting steps as well? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_xseumr. I know how frustrating any issue with that TV picture can be, and I would be happy to look into that from here. Could you send us a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

5 months ago

same pixelation issue for me - but only two channels (211 NBC and 213 Fox - although i don't watch all of them) and only between the hours of 5pm and 630pm and not all the time. 

I've had everything changed/upgraded - the problem is NOT in the house or TV.

does anyone know how to get in touch with someone who cares and can address this?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_49t4wa chances are if it is only happening on a few Networks and not all the Networks it could be caused by the Network. As we are the provider this isn't always something we can resolve. That said if you are needed to do troubleshooting we are here for you along with self-service troubleshooting via online or our Xfinity App. 

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

21 days ago

We have the same issue with our Vizio Smartcast QLED TV.  Technician came out and changed the splitter, installed new cable lines, tested everything but we're still having distortion/tiling/flickering/pixilation/interference issues.  He believes we'll need to upgrade to a new DVR box (current version). Awaiting to hear back from Xfinity Support. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here