U

Wednesday, June 26th, 2024 10:07 PM

TV Picture screen freezes and goes black

All TV’s in my house have the same issue, so it’s not the TV’s or their black boxes.  Has to do with the main router/modem (Xfinity). The picture sporadically freezes and and may, or may not, go to a black screen.  Then in a few minutes it comes back on.  We can go weeks with no issues the. All the sudden it will happen for a few days.  It’s getting very frustrating.  It’s been happening for over a year now. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

3 months ago

Hey @user_eyyqsz , Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page. We greatly appreciate you taking the time to share your experience regarding the intermittent picture quality issues with the Xfinity Video services. I would be more than happy to offer my assistance looking into this further for you.

With the intermittent issues you're receiving with the Xfinity Video services, are you experiencing issues with only Live TV or also other services such as applications, OnDemand, and streaming? Do you experience any slowness with button presses on the remote to correspond on the television? 

Some great things to check for issues like this are the following: 

-> Check the coax cable going to the back of your set-top box to ensure there's a tight connection. Loose connections can cause signal loss or introduce noise into the line.

-> Check the connections of the coax cable to any splitters within your home. Like at the back of your box, loose connections here can cause signal loss or introduce noise into the line.

-> Check the coax cable to ensure it is in good quality such as no hard bends, kinks, bite marks, or cuts that could interfere with signal reaching the stet-top box.

-> Wireless signal strength if your set-top boxes are wireless and move objects that may interfere with signal reaching the equipment.

Please give these items a check and let us know if anything happened to be loose, not connected properly, or if you had to fix the cable line.

3 Messages

We checked all the coax and they are tight.  Wireless strength on the tv’s with top boxes are excellent.  We only have the problem with live TV on multiple channels. 

3 Messages

We had this issue on and off all day on Wednesday.  Yesterday and today no problems. It may be a week or more, then we will have another day or two the issue then it will stop. Like I said it’s been happening for at least a year now and frustrating when it happens.  It was so bad Wednesday, I had to “mirror” my iPad live tv stream up onto our living room tv because streaming live tv on the iPad doesn’t have the issue. 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

I greatly appreciate you taking the time to check all these things for me @user_eyyqsz. Strange how it is only happening during Live TV and not during OnDemand or streaming content. When you experience issues, what is the modem LED doing? Flashing, On, Off, and what color? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 months ago

Same problem is happening at my house. 3 technicians have come and said it’s fixed, but it is still happening. What’s the fix Xfinity?

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_e7ciyk, that is strange! Have you attempted to check if there are any software updates to the TV? Typically, with those style cut-outs, the TV might be passed the support window by the manufacturer causing these style of hiccups. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

1 Message

20 days ago

Comcast review 9/18/24

After fighting with a support rep over my Comcast customer viewing issue, I'm happy to say that an actual Comcast technician just left my house after replacing the entire incoming cable pathway, including the grounding. He saw evidence that  a surge damaged the brackets and grounding.   Remember, I had to fight the call center/tech support rep to get the on-site repair. The call center rep guaranteed that  few changes they made and tested had fixed my problem. [Intermittently, the sound and picture stops for a few seconds when a  retweet of a third party (twitter, X, or Truth) was cited on either MSNBC or CNN.] It was not fixed.  All 5 TVs in my house present the same bad behavior. 

Now that the on-site tech replaced all that hardware, the issue only occurs 3 or 4 times an hour: instead of 10 times an hour. I also saw a few error code 225 (signal strength) messages. 

So all you folks that said they saw the same skipping/pixelating behavior should get a technician onsite soon. The tech said my signal strength was good throughout the house, including through the splitters.

I was not charged for the onsite visit.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Safford1- Thank you for sharing your detailed feedback which may benefit other readers. This is keeping in the spirit and nature and the Xfinity Forums and is greatly appreciated. Thank you!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here