Orion09's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Sunday, October 8th, 2023 8:47 PM

Closed

TV cutting out/pixelating splitter issue?

So ive been having issues the past week with my cable cutting out or pixelating every 10/30 seconds. I have one line straight into my house with a splitter. One cable goes to my xfinity modem and the other to my cable box. I unplugged the splitter and ran the cable straight into my cable box and the problem instantly went away. No problems for over an hours, so I decided to get a new splitter thinking that was the problem, but as soon as I hooked up the splitter Im right back to the pixelating problem.  Any Ideas whats going on?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

1 year ago

... I unplugged the splitter and ran the cable straight into my cable box and the problem instantly went away ...

Pixelation happens when the signal for the channel you are trying to watch is too weak or has too much noise. This is most likely due to a a weak signal and/or excessive noise and/or a poor connection between the cable box and Comcast's network, usually in or near your home. Digital signals exhibit a "cliff effect": with very small changes in strength or quality, digital devices go from working fine to not working at all.

Troubleshoot by checking all connectors for corrosion and tightness, and by looking for damaged coax cable.

If you can't find the problem or you'd rather have Comcast take care of it and an employee does not respond to your message here, call them at the phone number on your bill or 1-800-Comcast, or use one of the options on https://www.xfinity.com/support/contact-us/. Ask them to check the account setup and send a refresh signal to the box. If they can't fix the problem remotely, insist they send a tech out to identify the cause and correct it.

If the tech finds bad coax, splitters, amplifiers, or connections in your home (even if Comcast originally supplied them) you'll probably have to pay for the visit (approx. $100) unless you have their Service Protection Plan (https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/service-protection-plan, closed to customers that don't already have it). If the trouble is due to a faulty Comcast cable box/DVR/digital adapter or anything outside your home, you shouldn't be charged.

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

1 year ago

Hey there @Orion09 thanks for using our Forums to contact us. We are happy to work with you and help with your TV connection issues. It is important to have a stable connection, and we have your back. To get started please send us a DM with your name and service address. Here's the detailed steps to direct message us: 
• Click "Sign In" if necessary 
• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page) 
• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 
• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 
• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 
• Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

7 months ago

These suggestions don’t make any sense? How are you gonna have a bad signal when the devices are side by side. It’s even worse with a wired connection. I have been having this issue as well, even had a technician come out, he said everything was fine. But he didn’t really seem to know what he was talking about. Any further advice? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here