U

Saturday, September 21st, 2024 4:52 PM

TV box rebooting

My TV box keeps rebooting itself every few minutes, but never fully comes back up.  It has been doing this for a couple of week since a storm/power outage.

1 Message

15 days ago

Mine is doing the same, but without any prior power outage - only an Xfinity service outage yesterday. I'm losing about 15 seconds of programming every 30-45 minutes, but it's not regular (i.e. it's not "exactly" 30 minutes apart, it's just in that range of 30-45 minutes.) Can't get anyone to answer the CS phone line (infinite hold,) and the online AI just tells me to try rebooting, which I've already tried at least 6 times. I'm about done with this company!

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

Hello @user_2v8vfp, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the cable box, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address.

To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

13 days ago

user_bbwdwe I would be reaching out if I were having this issue too. We are here to help. Please let us know if you are still having problems. Feel free to send us your full name and complete address in a direct message:

(Full credit to @BruceW for this excellent explanation!) 

"Search for Xfinity Support" won't work. To send a "Direct Messaging" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Messaging" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

See https://forums.xfinity.com/conversations/email/cant-create-a-new-email-address/605e52b726aa974d63032d02?commentId=606107ea738c7f46a02b830e for an example.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here