U

Wednesday, July 24th, 2024 8:49 PM

TV Box Drops Signal

We recently got a new TV; we had also upgraded our Xfinity box about 2 months ago. We are having an issue with the TV losing the signal from the Xfinity box. The reason I think it is the Xfinity box is because we also have direct TV and it is not dropping the signal I have tried different HDMI ports on the TV, and it is still not staying connected. I tried changing the cable, I also added a power filter to make sure that the box wasn't seeing any voltage spikes. The old power strip had a surge protector built in the new one didn't so I added the filter. It worked for a long time when I added the filter. Before that it was disconnecting about every 45 minutes. But today when it dropped the signal it started looping and trying to reconnect. It was so bad I couldn't even use the remote to change the input. I unplugged the TV and was able to get back to the home screen long enough to switch the input back to the HDMI channel that the Direct tv was plugged into so we could get back to watching the tv. I am thinking there must be something wrong with the new xfinity box.

Official Employee

• 

825 Messages

1 month ago

user_o079ui Are you also receiving an error code or message when this happens?

2 Messages

No error code but there is a message to check all the connections and make sure the set top box is powered on. I bought some new higher speed HDMI cables and so far, I haven't seen an issue. I didn't have the same issue with the Direct Tv box at all. Maybe if the new Xfinity box was designed to support higher resolution signals and that was the reason why it was struggling with older HDMI cables. IDK but the box we had before from Xfinity did not have that issue. It was about 18 months old, and I was surprised when I got the message from Xfinity that it needed to be upgraded. I am still having some issues with the volume control when there is a commercial. I haven't gotten the sound bar to connect with the arc connection yet. I am currently using the optical cable for that.

Official Employee

• 

825 Messages

user_o079ui It may be best for us to schedule you a technician, or you can get a replacement at your Xfinity store. That would be the fastest way as you can take the defective one back, and get the new one same day. let me know what works best for you. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

21 days ago

I have a similar problem recently with my Xfinity box losing it's signal -- just started a couple of days ago, and I have noticed Xfinity working in my neighborhood. Very frustrating for the price we pay. I do not have direct TV and it is only on network channels. 

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

Hi there, @user_gjn5f7! Sorry to hear you're having trouble. Are you still experiencing this issue?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here