ljbethea13's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Sunday, October 11th, 2020 10:00 AM

Closed

Troubleshooting Issues with the Cable Box

I'm trying to troubleshoot and reset my cable box. After logging into my account, I tried to go through the remote reset. However, I keep running into the message "we couldn't reach your box." All the cables are tightly plugged in,  the television is set to the correct input, and I have unplugged the system and waited more than 30 seconds several times. I keep running into the same issue; my box can't be connected to the service. The HDMI cords I have still work and the television itself is fine. There's a connection issue, but I'm having trouble figuring out what it is. Any help?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

4 years ago

Did it ever work? New install? Type of box? Lots of details missing for any meaningful assistance

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Is anyone else having this issue? I've tried the same as the original poster.
The box works and has always worked, just sometimes it takes a while to turn on. I'd like to try a reset but can't.

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

4 years ago

I'm having the same issue. Box worked fine until last night. I have tried to do a reset and it says it can't connect to the box. 
Model PX032ANI

Contributor

• 

55 Messages

4 years ago

Did you ever get the box to work?

Official Employee

• 

6.9K Messages

4 years ago

Hello @jofhw69, and others who were having issues with your cable box. I wanted to reach out to see if you were able to get this resolved yet? If not, I would be happy to troubleshoot and see if we can get this resolved or if I'll need to ship out a replacement. 

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Hi, We are also suffering the same issue and I just finally exchanged the TV box. The issue continues. This occurs every morning. Sometimes power cycling helps, not always. Thinking of swapping DVR next...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

4 years ago

We have had the same problems off and on for 2 of the smaller boxes we have and it is very frustrating. Our TVs are mounted on the walls so I have to get a ladder and get to the power strips behind them to reset things. I consistently get we are having trouble connecting to the internet and then we can’t reach your box messages. This happens at least once a week!!

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

4 years ago

Hi, @FrustratedInMS, I hope outside of this service issue your day has been a good one. Are you able to let us know the make and model (s) of the two cable boxes that are giving you this problem? When you experience the issue do you see an error message on your TV screen or an error code? Thanks in advance for your time and for giving us more details. The more we know the better we can serve you. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

Hello, I went to turn on the tv. However the Xfinity remote has a red light on the Allpower button. It won't go off. I followed the troubleshooting directions, all the cables are connected correctly. I too received a message saying "we couldn't reach your box."

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here