bacboo's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Tuesday, July 23rd, 2024 7:28 AM

tried to pause a live show and received message “this set-top box doesn’t support it. just got this box a few months ago

pause was working on live shows about a half hour ago then suddenly got “this set-top box doesn’t support it. I've rest box and still get error message

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

3 months ago

... “this set-top box doesn’t support it. I've rest box and still get error message

Cable boxes are essentially specialized computers. The "card" is a memory module inside the box that stores the last 30 to 60 minutes of video. Sometimes the box logic becomes scrambled and isn't able to use the module, and sometimes the box develops a permanent hardware fault.

As with any computer, sometimes a reboot clears things up. Try unplugging the power cords of all cable boxes for a minute or so, then power back up and try again. If that doesn't correct the problem you'll have to swap out the failing boxes at an Xfinity Store or Service Center (see https://www.xfinity.com/support/store-selector/).

Please be aware that there are 2 kinds of responses in this Forum: Replies and Comments. When you Comment on a post by scrolling down to "Comment on this post here...", I am notified of your response. But if you select Reply, I am NOT notified and may not be aware of your response.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

Thank you Bruce for your reply. I had tried a box reboot by unplugging the power cords. That didn't clear up the problem. I had read on the support page to someone else to try a system refresh from the app. Used the app for a refresh and the box is currently working correctly. I can pause / rewind live shows again.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum @bacboo!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help with addressing your service concerns.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right place to help get things squared away.  Are you able to tell me since this issue occurred, whether you have noticed any error messages or codes on your screen?  it sounds like the device may not be a DVR box.  

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

@XfinityArmand​  Sorry for the late response. I haven't had any more issues with the box since I refreshed the DVR box with the app. I did find out that Xfinity had been working in the area the previous day before this happened. Also, the box had rebooted late at night the day before the incident.  Thanks

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here