hevy's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

Sun, Oct 11, 2020 1:00 AM

This set top box doesn't support rewind

I hooked up a new Tv tonight, everything works normal, except pause/rewinding live TV. Is this because of the new TV, or is it just a fliuke that the box has decided to malfucntion the night I hook up a new TV? This is literally my number one reason for having a DVR. The box is an X1,  about 2 years old, Tv is a Vizio D-Series 40 (D40f-G9).

I refreshed it, but have been reading that it will continue to happen.

Responses

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

8 m ago

What model cable box?

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I have the same issue can someone help with this? “set-top does not support rewind”

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 m ago

As of this morning, I'm having the same issue.  I've been able to rewind using the set-top box since I've had the darn thing.  What has changed?

andyross

Silver Problem Solver

• 

6.9K Messages

2 m ago

I have had that happen once or twice, but simply changing the channel and going back fixes it. If it continues, have you tried a simple restart? Either unplug from power for a few seconds, or hit the "A" key and choose restart.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

13 d ago

I have had my box for awhile and it has always done the rewind and pause live tv. Today it stopped doing it and says “this set-top box doesn’t support it. I have changed channels and came back, restarted my box, did a full reset. Nothing has worked. And I can’t find a “support” person to help. I only get the xfinity assistant and that does nothing but takes me in circles. HELP!!!! That was one of the main features I liked. Not happy. 

Official Employee

• 

103 Messages

Hey there, @user_8dc8de, thank you for taking the time to reach out to us on our Xfinity Forums. I am sorry to hear you experiencing an issue with your cable box features. Pause and rewind live TV is one of my favorite features as well! Please rest assured, you have reached the right time. So we can begin assisting, please create a new post as this comment is associated with an older post. We look forward to hearing from you soon! 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Is there a new post on this issue as suggested? I am having the same issue. My box had worked fine for several years, but, I started having that same error/issue. I got a new box from Xfinity store and still have the same issue. I was on the phone with Xfinity for over an hour this morning (rebooting etc.) with no resolution. The representative set-up a tech appointment, but, it doesn't sound like it is specific to my system as others are having the same issue. I really don't want a tech appointment and I don't think the issue is in my home system.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

5 d ago

I am having the same problem only with all functions I cannot pause I cannot rewind I cannot ask forward every time I try something I get the message this set top box does not support it

Official Employee

• 

70 Messages

Oh, wow; thank you for bringing this to our attention! I can imagine how frustrating this could become, and our Digital Care Team of corporate experts are here, every step of the way! Before we begin, can you please share any troubleshooting steps you've taken so far? I want to make sure that we cover all our bases, and keep your time in consideration. <3

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Solution.tick

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 d ago

Pause fast forward, and rewind not working. What gives? I pay good money for your service. You got rid of the Xfinity connect app, and now this? Fix this.please

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Same, and this happens WAAAAAAY too often. I've only been a customer since March, this is not impressing me at all. Just now I had a show paused, came back and it was on live TV and told me pause or rewind isn't supported. 

Regular Contributor

• 

103 Messages

2 d ago

I am not sure if this is what you mean, I will be watching live news and they say something I want to hear again (go back) -
what I do is on the Xfinity remote I keep pressing the down arrow key untill I go back to the part I want to rewatch.
Then you can use the up arrow key to get back to Live program. (The up arrow key goes forward.)
These up & down arrow keys are the ones I also use when watching a recording to re-watch a part.  

New to the Community?

Start Here