U

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 10:43 PM

Sound cuts out

Very annoying on all stations

1 Message

20 days ago

Ours is doing it too.  We are in the Denver metro area and this is happening way too often.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

741 Messages

Hello user_jq5mvi is this happening on all channels for you as well? How long does the issue last? Does the issue coincide with any pixelation/ video quality issue? Is this happening on all able boxes in the home, or only certain ones? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

18 days ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_w7k05b! Does this happen on recorded playbacks and On Demand content?

1 Message

14 days ago

I am having the same issue with the xfinity stream app on my Apple TV. I have only noticed it on live tv but happens on all channels.  No pixelation just the sound drops out constantly.  I had a service call scheduled but for some reason they cancelled it without telling me or asking me if the issue was resolved. Appears to be a problem only with that xfinity stream app as every other app works perfectly fine. 

also to note: I have fire sticks on a couple of my other tvs and the xfinity stream app works fine (no sound drop) 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

user_1o9gwp Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App to see if the audio issues continue to drop?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

14 days ago

I am having the same issue using Xfinity Stream.  Multiple TVs.   Recorded content.  Live content.  Different channels.  Cuts for 1-3 seconds and comes back.  Totally annoying and almost unwatchable.  Thankfully Xfinity has fantastic phone support----just kidding---they take the "service" out of "customer service".  I don't expect anything to change until I cancel altogether.

Official Employee

• 

664 Messages

Thank you for detailing what is going on with your stream service, @user_bdafdd. Can you let me know what devices you are having issues on (brand, type, etc.)? Also, does this happen during specific times of the day or is it random?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here