U

Saturday, May 25th, 2024 10:43 PM

Sound cuts out

Very annoying on all stations

1 Message

2 months ago

Ours is doing it too.  We are in the Denver metro area and this is happening way too often.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Hello user_jq5mvi is this happening on all channels for you as well? How long does the issue last? Does the issue coincide with any pixelation/ video quality issue? Is this happening on all able boxes in the home, or only certain ones? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

@user_jq5mvi​ Mine is doing the same as well.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_y8ct5v Have you tried any troubleshooting steps? Such as restarting the TV box manually or through the Xfinity App? 
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

2 months ago

Thanks for reaching out, user_w7k05b! Does this happen on recorded playbacks and On Demand content?

2 Messages

2 months ago

I am having the same issue with the xfinity stream app on my Apple TV. I have only noticed it on live tv but happens on all channels.  No pixelation just the sound drops out constantly.  I had a service call scheduled but for some reason they cancelled it without telling me or asking me if the issue was resolved. Appears to be a problem only with that xfinity stream app as every other app works perfectly fine. 

also to note: I have fire sticks on a couple of my other tvs and the xfinity stream app works fine (no sound drop) 

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_1o9gwp Have you tried uninstalling and reinstalling the Xfinity Stream App to see if the audio issues continue to drop?

2 Messages

I have deleted the app and reinstalled and still have the same problem with the sound on live tv channels. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Oh, no @user_1o9gwp! I'm sorry to hear that after deleting and reinstalling the app you are still having issues with the sound on live TV channels, rest assured our team is here to help. May I ask if this is happening on all channels or specific channels? What type of device are you using to stream?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 months ago

I am having the same issue using Xfinity Stream.  Multiple TVs.   Recorded content.  Live content.  Different channels.  Cuts for 1-3 seconds and comes back.  Totally annoying and almost unwatchable.  Thankfully Xfinity has fantastic phone support----just kidding---they take the "service" out of "customer service".  I don't expect anything to change until I cancel altogether.

Official Employee

• 

759 Messages

Thank you for detailing what is going on with your stream service, @user_bdafdd. Can you let me know what devices you are having issues on (brand, type, etc.)? Also, does this happen during specific times of the day or is it random?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Samsung & LG TVs. Via AppleTV----Xfinity Stream is the only app with issues.  All times of day.   No associated pixelation.  It's not the TV.  It's not the Apple TV.  It's not the speed of signal, I have them hardwired ethernet at get 900MBPS to the TV.

It's an Xfinity problem or Xfinity Stream problem.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

1 month ago

PLEASE HELP.  This is unwatchable.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

user_bdafdd Thanks for reaching out about the audio issue. Is it just live TV with the issue or does it also happen when watching something from On Demand?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Doesn't happen on demand.   Only live content and recorded content

Official Employee

• 

836 Messages

Thank you for the context. The Stream App is intrinsically connected to both your TV service and the intent.  Are you able to download the Stream App independent of the Apple TV? If so, do the same issues appear?  

5 Messages

This same issue is happening to me, any solutions yet?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us here @user_jr8nmc. If you are still experiencing any issues with that app have you tried to troubleshoot that from the Xfinity app? You can also uninstall and reinstall that app to see if that will resolve that as well. 

1 Message

19 days ago

I have been experiencing the same frustrating audio drop issues on live feed for the past month with Xfinity stream app on three different Sony XR-85x95j tvs. All are running the Xfinity app on Apple TV devices. Audio drops for approximately 3 seconds, no issues with video. Each tv is connected to direct Ethernet using Xfinity 1 gig service. I have reset and made sure tvs and Apple TV devices are on most current updates. I have also deleted the Xfinity app and reinstalled on all three tvs…still experiencing 3 second audio drops.

They must know that this is an issue. 

Xfinity, what is the root cause of this issue and what is your solution?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Same.   They just ignore it and say go direct to app from TV which is worse.  They should probably just go back to not charging for cable boxes.

Official Employee

• 

2.4K Messages

@user_c8b88q Thank you for taking the time to reach out to us here on our Xfinity Forums. I appreciate you letting me know the troubleshooting steps you've taken. Is this only happening with live TV or also with on demand and recorded programming?

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

18 days ago

SAME! Sounds dropping ONLY using Xfinity stream app on Apple TV. No other apps have audio issues with streaming content - none. I’ve done all the troubleshooting. They had this problem when they first released the Xfinity stream app for Apple TV - clearly it’s a coding issue on their backend, which had to be fixed previously. I insisted on months worth of credits until it was fixed. Calling again now since this is happening again.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Spent almost 3 hours on phone and chat yesterday trying to get this fixed.   It's been going on for months.   A got some partial credits and a tech is coming out today.   I'm highly confident the tech won;t be able to fix but it's another step I need to go through to get more credits for past months.  I think this is going to be the end of me with Xfinity.  I had already returned all cable boxes so now cutting the cord is easier.  I might keep internet but Ting gives me 1000 up and 1000 down for under $100/month with unlimited data.  Xfinity 1200 gigabit with unlimted data is $141 or $131 with autopay discount.   I'd love to have Xfinity internet with the new DOCSIS 4.0 but who knows when that is coming.  PLus Xfinity has great deals on internet for NEW customers but not those like me have been with them for 30 years

Stay tuned! 

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Hello, @user_bdafdd I'm sorry to hear you have returned the cable boxes in order after being unable to resolve this service issue. I'd be more than happy to reach back out to you through here after the tech visit. It's important to me that your services are working properly after the appointment.

Please send a direct message by clicking the chat icon in the upper right corner of the page, click on the pen and paper icon, then enter “Xfinity Support” in the “To” section.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

PJButzer - It's important to us that you're able to enjoy your shows, and your feedback is appreciated. What model Apple TV are you using that is experiencing this issue? Also, are you using the audio from the TV, or are you using a separate sound system?

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I returned the regular boxes because they went from being free, to 5/mo, to 7/mo, to 9,mo to $10/mo.   I was renting 7 boxes @ 10/month.  They said I could use Stream but that obviously doesn't work.  I've got one foot out the door already and it's liberating.

5 Messages

@XfinityThomasA​ go get an Apple TV, download the app, see the problem, fix it…all these replies are worthless

1 Message

10 days ago

I too am having this issue. I’m hardwired in with Ethernet to 2 different Apple 4K TVs. The audio issue drops out completely and resumes after a few moments. It happens enough that it’s almost predictable. I have Video and HSD service. I use the Xfinity Stream App. The issue seemingly occurs more frequently during live TV vs a recording. However, during A VOD movie though, it does not. Which would then point to an issue with live tvs or recordings. I also have no audio issues outside of the Xfinity stream app. For example, I’ve confirmed this using other apps and using the TV without the Apple 4K tv. The Xfinity Stream app appears to be the source and I’d like you to add this information to the trending log as well as put in a ticket for the Xfinity Stream team. The issue has persisted for months. I purchased a 4K Apple TV device for my parents in a neighboring town, when they use their Xfinity Stream app, only watching live tv, they also experience the drop in audio. This is not an internet issue, an HDMI issue, a setting issue, anccount issue, a level of service issue, a buffering issue or any other related problem. The problem is squarely with this version of the Xfinity Stream app for the Apple TV. The issue does not persist on my iPhone equivalent Xfinity Stream app. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_pmt9uc Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to let us know you and your family are also running into this audio issue with the Xfinity stream app on your Apple TV's. If you could send our team a direct message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account, I'd be more than happy to take all of this information you have provided and to help get the issue reported for you. To send a Direct Message, please click on the chat icon in the top-right corner of the screen, next to the bell icon, and then type or select "Xfinity Support" to initiate a direct message.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

I resolved the issue.   I left Xfinity TV and Internet after more than 25 years.

Visitor

• 

12 Messages

Frank----This is Miles.,

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I have had the same issue using the Xfinity TV app on all three different Apple TVs, iPad App and Roku app. In searching the forum I see this issue has been going on for over TWO years  (at least for Roku devices). Regret now returning my boxes, which was a mess actually getting Xfinity to finally mark as returned after four phone calls over four months. Learned a lesson there to always get a receipt when you return equipment at the store….where is the FTC

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here