U

16 Messages

Friday, November 3rd, 2023 6:00 PM

Closed

"Sorry we're having trouble connecting" problem several times a day with my DVR service

Hello,

For the last month or so I've had numerous issues with my TV and DVR services.  I've had multiple techs out to the house to troubleshoot. They replaced my DVR box with a model I did not like (a XG2V2-P), and then I replaced that model with a model I prefer and what I had before the tech took it away (a XG1v4). The XG1v4 is what I have now.

But since all this swapping of DVRs I am now having problems when watching Live TV -- Like when I am watching CNN -- when suddenly I can't pause, go backward or forward in the X1 Live TV channel like I should be able to, and have for many years. The DVR gets stuck, dies, shows a TV feed from hours in the past, and sometimes shows the attached ERROR screen.  This happens almost daily over the last week or so and the only thing I can do to get it to work again is restart my DVR box.  

This is not the way things used to be and I'm really unhappy.  I pay a lot of money to Comcast every month.  I want to have the services I pay for.

The ERROR screen that pops up seems to indicate there are problems somewhere.  It implies teams are working on issues.  But I am really doubtful of that because it doesn't seem to be getting any better.

I'm so unhappy in part because I've spent so much time and effort on these services problems. I have spent hours with first tier support, and they are pretty useless. I have had to rearrange my schedule so that techs could come over numerous times.

Does anyone have any ideas what is going on here?  What exactly does this screen mean?  Is there anything I can do to fix this so that it stops happening?

Thank you

16 Messages

11 months ago

I realize the ERROR CODE is missing in the image.  It is XRE-03056

This seems to indicate a problem somewhere upstream.  But this has been going on for several days now.

16 Messages

Here is that ERROR CODE XRE 03056 that I am getting frequently

2 Messages

11 months ago

Xfinity app only displays my bill and states my service has been cancelled. Wasn't cancelled all I did was transfer my service. Since then it's been a mess and you can't speak to anyone , but a stupid robot who doesn't help. I'm fed up. Service goes in and out past two days and it states no outages. They doing that so they don't have issue any credits??? Xfinity is terrible!

16 Messages

I am unclear why  you are responding to my issue with this language.  Please don't. I have a legitimate problem. Thx.

16 Messages

11 months ago

For what it is worth the ERROR (CODE XRE-03056) occurs intermittently, so it may be a few hours after starting to watch TV. When it does start, it will happen at shorter and shorter intervals, and eventually I have to restart the box to resume some sense of normalcy.  When it happens, the buffer (saved Live TV) is deleted. So it is really annoying. 

1 Message

Did you ever get this resolved?   I’ve been having the same issue for the past couple of months.  Swapped tv boxes thinking it was hardware, but nope.  It’s so glitchy I’m afraid to use the remote.  Btw, mine has not only deleted the buffer, it’s changed the channel completely.  
Thanks 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

user_y3xyb4 We appreciate you contacting us through our Xfinity Community Forum. Here are some standard troubleshooting steps for addressing this error:
  1. Check that all your TV connections are securely fastened.
  2. Unplug the cable box for 1-2 minutes, then reconnect it.
  3. If you can't unplug the cable box, you can verbally command "Restart TV Box" into your Xfinity Remote. Alternatively, hold down the power button on the cable box, if available.

Please try these steps and let us know if the issue persists or if it's resolved. We're here to assist you further if needed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

@user_y3xyb4​ I am having the same exact issues and nobody can help me resolve them! Xfinity is terrible! Cloud DVR services are the worst and calling or chatting through the app is worthless as these people they hire sitting in some call center in a 3rd world country are brainless. 

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

bpepperell Thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding your error. We would be happy you with troubleshooting. Are you getting this error on specific channels or programs? Is this with live TV or recording on your DVR?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

11 months ago

Contact the FCC, file an informal complaint and a real person will reach out. It’s the only way to get stuff fixed

Visitor

• 

1 Message

6 months ago

I'm having the same issue today on a few channels. It's beyond aggravating. Nothing solves the issue.

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@tctapes77 I'm sorry to hear about the trouble with your cable. We are happy to help get this resolved for you. Since this is a 5-month-old thread, we ask you to please find the best board to author your question or concern, and post your question publicly. This will open a ticket in our system for us to assist. We look forward to your post. Thank you! 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here