U

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Wednesday, November 8th, 2023 11:09 PM

Closed

Somebody else’s recording on our new DVR.

Today I received a new replacement DVR for our antique DVR that had started dropping sound while recording. After installing the new DVR, I noticed that all my wife’s recording had successfully transferred onto the new box PLUS somebody else’s recordings were also included in the “Recorded” and the “Scheduled” tabs. 
I deleted all the other person’s recordings, but I was wondering how they got there in the first place and if they’ll be able to add their recordings again in the future. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

11 months ago

Hello @user_b524ae, I'm glad to hear you were able to get a new cable box and upgrade from an older model. We do a pretty good job of getting our customers the latest tech, so I hope you're enjoying it. Although, seeing some strange recordings like that might be a little odd. It could be a filter issue or signal interference issue if your equipment/lines are near other customer's equipment. I wouldn't be able to confirm this on my end. Have you noticed any other examples of recordings being added that you didn't set? 

Visitor

• 

9 Messages

No strange recordings have appeared since I erased all the unknown recordings. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

That's great to hear! If anything else comes up please don't hesitate to reach out to our team. Enjoy the new equipment and thanks for being part of the Xfinity family. ❤️

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I've had this happen at least three times because the supposedly "new" DVR they are giving you is not new. All the replacement ones I've received have been dusty with hundreds of scheduled recordings that were left on there by a previous customer who had the DVR. I wonder how much personal customer information is on the DVRs they are passing off as new. Weekly I have to delete all the recordings that someone else has previously scheduled. My latest "new" DVR has not worked properly since I got it, and it continues to have more issues. I have yet another appt at the store in an attempt to actually receive a new DVR, not one that has been used repeatedly by others in the past.

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

@keegy2 Thank you for commenting on our Xfinity Community Forums thread. If you need assistance after your DVR swap we are happy to assist you. Customer information wouldn't be associated with the DVR once it is removed from an account. If we can be of further assistance please let us know. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here