U

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Friday, January 26th, 2024 3:48 AM

Closed

SMART RESUME STILL NOT WORKING

Smart Resume stops 30secs short of the recorded program, leaving you to watch 2 more commercials. Fast forwarding thru the 30 seconds doesn’t work unless you watch 10secs of the commercial first.

I keep asking myself why do I pay so much for a service that has issues .

streaming will fix my frustration.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

8 months ago

Hey there, @user_851aa2 thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issues with Smart Resume. We would be happy to help you with troubleshooting Smart Resume. Have you tried any troubleshooting already?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes I have.. I made sure Smart resume was On via the settings & it was. I toggled it off & on again.

I ve had this problem for awhile now & every suggestion given by Xfinity has not work.

(edited)

Official Employee

• 

866 Messages

@user_851aa2 Have you tried using the Xfinity app to perform any troubleshooting/ reset? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

Yes I have tried every trouble shooting suggestion from xfinity via chat to no avail… smart resume still not working

2 Messages

8 months ago

I mainly watch recorded programs on NBC or CBS. By touting the "smart resume" feature, Xfinity induced me to sign up for X1 service. Like previous posts, I can attest that "Start Resume" is deficient, landing in a commercial, short of picking up the program.

I have also tried every fix mentioned in this forum to no avail. 

Xfinity Support,  please display the direct message icon on my sign in screen so that I can request my account be added to those who are waiting for the promised Xfinity software fix in 2024. 

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_2pespw Hello and thank you for reaching out via our Xfinity Community Forum. I am sorry you have been having an issue with the smart resume and would be happy to troubleshoot this with you. To get started, please send our team a private message with your full name, the name listed on the account (if different), and the service address associated with your account. 

To send a "Direct Message" message:

Click "Sign In" if necessary

Click the "Direct Messaging" icon at the top of the page (looks like a text bubble)

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

Type "Xfinity Support" in the "To:" line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list which appears. The "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

8 months ago

Hundreds, if not, thousands of Xfinity customers have been complaining about this issue for well over a year and  seems to be getting done [Edited: "Inflammatory"] about it!  If Xfinity really wanted to fix this, they could with just a couple of lines of code that a bright high school student could probably write! 

If Xfinity is really serious about fixing this, then have the software engineer who is working on the problem get on this forum and explain why this doesn't work and what's being done to fix it!  I'm not holding my breath waiting for that to happen :~(

(edited)

2 Messages

@user_hoiij0

You are correct. The "smart resume" stops short to permit NBC commercials or advertising about new NBC shows. Since Comcast owns NBC, It is not in Comcast's financial interest to fix the software.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

user_hoiij0, Thank you for reaching out to Xfinity Support. The Smart Resume is not always available for all channels. If you have it available and it is coming up short, just hit the page-up button on your remote once and it should get you to the right spot. If you still have trouble, we would be happy to help. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

No it was NOT answered. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_2pespw​ now that is the most sensible answer I’ve read about this problem & it’s all because it benefits them!

1 Message

6 months ago

Same thing for me. It’s so frustrating. 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

I'm sorry to hear you are experiencing a similar issue, @user_u6phl9. What troubleshooting steps have you taken so far? 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here