U

Visitor

• 

19 Messages

Wednesday, March 29th, 2023 3:34 AM

Closed

Smart resume problems

My smart resume hasn’t been working lately. The yellow/commercials aren’t correct. When I fast forward, there are still several commercials. Half of the show doesn’t have the yellow. 

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

1 year ago

Smart resume hasn’t been working for a lot of customers across the country. For a long time. Xfinity is aware of the problem and has apparently done little-nothing about it. Well, that’s not true, they continue to raise their price. It appears they just don’t care based upon the actions. Excuse me, I should have said their lack of action.

Personally, I’m tired of hearing we have our teams working on fixing the problem. Are there engineers capable of fixing the problem? I’m confused. Is it a question of education, time or expensing? Something isn’t adding up. Their solution of turning smart resume on and off doesn’t work. 

I am frustrated and disappointed. What kind of company treats their customers like this? These people are sick puppies.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

We are having the same issue.  Actually it’s been going on for months now.  Tried turning Smart Resume off and back on.  No success.  Any updates on the country wide problem?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hello @user_e11b3a

thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the smart resume, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct chat message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message
I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

I’m having the same issue. I think it’s intentional as sponsors want us to watch the commercials. If this was a tech problem I find it hard to believe one of the largest cable companies in the country can’t resolve this. I should add it hasn’t always been k

like this. They did this to us. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

@user_8477a2​ totally agree. They're making a fortune putting the highest bidders at the end and making it harder to bypass than it was without Smart Resume forcing you back. 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

1 year ago

Funny it works perfectly fine when I watch on my iPad but not on the TV

Frequent Visitor

• 

22 Messages

1 year ago

I wish they would fix this issue

Visitor

• 

1 Message

1 year ago

My smart resume hasn’t been working for over a year. I  called xfinity more then ones and ben told they are working on it. This is after hanging on the Phone for a good hour each time to get an Agent. How can it take that long to get fixed?

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

That is definitely not the experience we would like you to have @Pp141atl. I would be happy to look into that isue with smart resume from here for you. Could you send me a direct message with the full name and complete address for your service? 

To send a direct message [private message]:

Click the "Direct Message" icon or  https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging

Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there.

- As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list.

- An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line.

Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

Press Enter to send it

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@XfinityJohnG​  Sorry but asking for a direct message from a member is not productive when it comes to the long standing nationwide smart resume problem. We have been told over and over that the engineers are working on it. What is the issue? Not only is it extremely annoying for smart resume to end 30-40 sec too soon but even worse is that all DVR recordings end before the end of the recording and that is 100% not acceptable. What is the point of recording a show and not being able to watch all of it. The failure of smart resume happens on every single occurrence on the channels that are qualified for the function. Xfinity does not need details of which shows, blah blah blah.  It is obvious that the 'clock' Xfinity uses to control smart resume is off by 30-40 sec...period! There is no excuse for customers to have to deal with this. Like I said the smart resume ending prematurely is bad enough but the issue with NOT being able to completely watch a DVR recording is horrific. Customer service on the phone is 100% useless in this matter by the way. We need and deserve a real explanation as to what the problem is and when it will be fixed and not "we are working on it" after months and months of it being totally broken. Thank you

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Understandable feedback, @TerriB! Thank you for taking the time to put this response together. Please allow me to elaborate why we sometimes ask for a Direct Message to continue troubleshooting.

When we pull up a particular account having an issue with one or more service/feature, and we perform troubleshooting using our guides and resources, it often allows us to submit tickets on behalf of the affected customer(s).

This is exactly why we recommend reaching out with your concerns and allowing us to do whatever work we can (that we have access to). If we reach a point where the information needs to be submitted to our engineers, we can then take it a step further and escalate where possible.

If you do not wish to create your own post for help with this issue, that is totally up to you! But, if you would like for your account to potentially be linked with a wider known problem (in order to have more direct updates when available), please feel free to create your own public post to get started. Our Digital Care Team is here to help, I promise!

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

issue persists.  please post the fix here

thanks 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

We are glad to take a look at this for you @bill_z142.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team, and we are here to ensure that you are having the best experience with your service at all times.  Please feel free to shoot us a private message so that we can get started.  

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Smart resume has been broken for over a year. Xfinity has been advised multiple times and has not fixed the problem. I don’t believe that it’s taken over a year to try to resolve this issue with teams of people working on it. The more obvious answer is they don’t care. This is lousy customer service.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

11 months ago

Smart resume has been broken for more than one year. Xfinity has been advised multiple times and they continue to tell us they been working on the problem. It shouldn’t take more than a year to fix it. This is poor service. This is really unacceptable.

3 Messages

11 months ago

I have mostly found smart resume stopping just in time to advertise that network programming before continuing the show you’re watching.  That seems to be an obvious purpose.

3 Messages

11 months ago

Has there been any solution offered other than turning smart resume on and off?  That is not resolving the issue.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Good morning, the smart resume feature is not working. It’s really not a smart resume feature anymore -  it’s dumb. It appears it’s designed to frustrate the customer. Xfinity is well aware of the program, but they have ostensibly chosen to do nothing. They claim they have teams working on it but it’s been well over a year with no resolution. Their “solution“ doesn’t work, and yet they continue to say the same thing over and over again. That’s very definition of [Edited: Guideline Violation].

I have personally contacted them several times with no resolution. However, they continue to give me a worthless chip because I actively participate on the board. These people are [Edited: Guideline Violation]. Personally, I don’t see how you can say you care about your customers and their experiences when nothing seems to be getting done. It’s really a pathetic situation.

I wish I could be more optimistic. However, I’ve learned to judge people by what they say, and what they do. In this case, Xfinity hasn’t done a whole lot.

[Edited: Guideline Violation"]

(edited)

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here