TerriB's profile

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

Wednesday, October 2nd, 2024 2:26 PM

Smart Resume Known Issue

@XfinityChristy​ I am trying to get an update about when Smart Resume will be fixed. Its been years and it still is not working properly. We kept being told on here that it was being worked on but nothing has  changed and  no update on the many threads about it on the forums. Its such a great feature but has been broken for far too long. It resumes 30-40 seconds too early and on all programs/channels where the feature is available. Xfinity might as well take the feature away. You have no idea how frustrating it is. Turning the feature off and back on does nothing. Rebooting/restarting does nothing. Using a new remote does nothing. Its widely known that the feature is broken. Is there anything new that is being worked on to fix it and thanks in advance for any info you can offer.

This post was created from this reply on different post

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

4 days ago

Hey there, @TerriB! Thanks for taking the time to inquire about the Smart Resume issue on another user's post. We've converted your comment into its own post in order to properly address your concern. Looking for the latest information we have, it appears you're right about it being a known issue for some time now. I found some directions we can take to report your particular device(s) and program information to the investigating party. To do this, we'll need to discuss some account specifics, so could you please send our team a direct message to get started?

To send a direct message: 

• Ensure you are first signed in, then you will see a chat box icon at the top right of your page. Click that or follow this link here: https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 
  • From there, click the 'New Message' icon. In the 'To' field, type 'Xfinity Support'. 
  • Type your message in the text area that appears at the bottom of the window and hit enter to send. An official employee, such as myself or whoever is first available, will respond. 

To expedite your request, we ask that you please include your name and the service address alongside a detailed summary of your request/question. Thank you!

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

@XfinitySara​ Thanks for reaching out but not going to go round and round with this again in a direct message with all the detail of what I have done to make smart resume work. Been there done that.  It is not my equipment causing the smart resume issue.  This problem is long standing and reported by so many. You can check on  that easily.  The fact is that the feature is broken . I have detailed my efforts more than once over the past 2 yrs.  I was just looking for an update to see if anyone is really working on fixing the feature. If not just get rid of it. Its more trouble than its worth the way it is now. Thanks again for reaching out. I give up

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

@TerriB - I understand your hesitation! I'm actually not looking to do any troubleshooting, or to have you repeat any steps already taken. Since you reached out for the latest information surrounding this known issue, I did some digging, which led me to a particular contact we can forward your details onto for further investigation. The more customers like you who reach out, the better chance we have of fully resolving this (our engineering team simply needs more case examples)! We've got some great engineers in the background, working on requests like these, and they always do their best to fix known issues rather than remove popular features. However, this takes some cooperation in order for us to provide them with specific details such as equipment it's occurring on, and with which programs. Please consider sending us a direct message to give us a greater chance of resolution, and our Digital Care Team will do its best to assist in the process!

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here