U

Thursday, September 19th, 2024 3:30 PM

small tv boxes not working today

It looks like a software update wiped out my small cable boxes.  My main box works but the small ones are giving a message that they may not be connected (physically) .. That is not the case was there a bad update sent out ?

2 Messages

3 days ago

I am having the same issue today.  Main box and TV are working fine. Small box not working and have tried everything suggested on screen and this xfinity website.

Frequent Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_wipnvr​ 

same here, small boxes not working but main box is...

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

@user_wipnvr Our team is still working to restore service as quickly as possible. For now, you should be able to watch TV through your primary TV Box. You should also be able to stream content you subscribe to directly through the providers’ apps online and on your mobile devices.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

whitz If you are still having issues please let me know, and if you are getting any error codes or messages make sure to provide that for me so I can better assist. 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

3 days ago

Having same issue with small cable box. large main box working fine.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 days ago

Same. After many attempts I finally got Xfinity to tell me that they were working on it. Estimated return to service is 1:25pm Mountain Time. I’ll believe it when I see it. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@mjl205​ Small boxes still out hours after estimated restoration. No update available on when service will be restored. 

1 Message

We're having the same problem....  Why is nothing on their website?????????

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to provide your feedback, rlmartin. We appreciate your patience as our engineers are working to resolve this as soon as possible. Apologies for any inconvenience this may have caused.

1 Message

3 days ago

Same here. Took 2 calls to even get them to say there was a problem. That was after I had tried everything. I hate Xfinity. 

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

3 days ago

Outtage ticket ID [Edited: "Personal Information"]

(edited)

Visitor

• 

3 Messages

Its now 9pm EST where I am and we still have an outtage.  Wonderful.

Official Employee

• 

1.5K Messages

Thank you for reaching out to us @stacesam! We truly appreciate your patience! Our engineers are aware of this issue and are working to resolve this as soon as possible. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 days ago

After a full day of restarting, phone calls, and interacting with their support team on X (Twitter), I finally received this info: 

“Thank you so much for your patience! Upon taking a further look, this issue is now being reported as a known issue our engineers are actively working to resolve as soon as possible. While there is not a solution available at this time, our team will keep an eye on this issue and make sure to reach back out to you in this thread when an update is available.”

Still no word on how long until I have service back to my small TV boxes. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

2 days ago

My service is back up and working.  No communication from Comcast and the on-line status page still shows that my service is impacted.  🤷🏻‍♂️

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

1 day ago

Hey there, user_iy1ym4, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the issue with your TV boxes. I know I rely on my small boxes for watching in my bedroom or my office. We want to ensure your boxes are working for you and I would be happy to help with troubleshooting. 

Have you already checked all the wiring to ensure that everything is connected tightly? Have you tried rebooting the boxes since the update?

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here