U

Monday, April 29th, 2024 1:22 PM

Small screen on Samsung TV

When I switch my Samsung smart TV to HDMI to Comcast, it’s a small picture in the upper left hand. All settings on tv and Comcast are correct. I’ve restarted the box, checked cables, no resolve

Problem Solver

• 

567 Messages

5 months ago

Sounds like an HDMI handshake issue between the box and TV.

Try disabling the power save features and see if that resolves it as a start.

2 Messages

Turns out an xfinity system reset worked for now. But it seems like this is a common reoccurring problem for too many people!

2 Messages

Yes - there are many posts about this, but no solution! I have the same issue and I have to reset my box every other day. 

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

Hi @csachs22 Thank you for visiting our official Xfinity Forums Community support page and sharing your experience. It certainly is strange how the picture is only displaying on a small portion of the screen. Like @MikeB39A stated above, it sounds like the television and set-top box are having an HDMI Handshake issue. This helps the two devices communicate for a variety of features and settings.

Would you be able to try the following:

-> Change the Power Save settings (Extend/Off)
-> Ensure that HDMI-CEC is turned off (set-top box)
-> Turn off HDMI-CEC (Samsung TV)
-> Attempt to use a higher quality HDMI cable

Could you please give these a try and let us know if that helps the devices communicate and show the picture correctly?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

2 days ago

I am having this same issue.  Hoping someone responds 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @user_h3zgvy! Thanks for leaving a comment with your similar concerns. I'm seeing several recommended troubleshooting steps mentioned in this post. Which have you tried so far?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here