raycurras's profile

New Poster

 • 

2 Messages

Wed, Jul 17, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Regular Visitor

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

The fix for me was:
Xfinity button
Settings
Help
System Refresy

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

Hope I can help. Had the same problems for a few weeks. Multiple box restarts, new batteries, yatta yatta yatta, nothing fixed it. Until...I changed my Arlo cam router connection to a different port in the back of my internet router. Cleared the issue immediately with my slow cable box response. Now my cable and remote work as fast as day 1. Hope this helps.

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Well day two after Following suggestions and still responding as it should.
Thank you! Guys!

New Poster

 • 

1 Message

2 y ago

I am having the same issue. Microphone makes a “boink” sound, and remote takes up to a minute to respond to the commands. Barriers changed, tried everything (off/on etc.)
dwtucker63

Frequent Visitor

 • 

11 Messages

2 y ago

We just installed a brand new DVR system a week ago. So far it has been ok. The Remote Rewind, Pause and Fast Forward buttons were slow to respond. But today - It has been horrible. Almost unusable. Event he Gukde loads SLOOOOWWWWWW. First time we have seen this (only been a customer for a week). 30 days in our trial. They better figure this iut or we are dropping it. It is unusable as it is today.

Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

2 y ago


@dwtucker63 wrote:

We just installed a brand new DVR system a week ago. So far it has been ok. The Remote Rewind, Pause and Fast Forward buttons were slow to respond. But today - It has been horrible. Almost unusable. Event he Gukde loads SLOOOOWWWWWW. First time we have seen this (only been a customer for a week). 30 days in our trial. They better figure this iut or we are dropping it. It is unusable as it is today.


call 800-Comcast or use the Xfinity my account app to have Xfinity call you. set up home appointment to fix your set top box signal levels. note that each command goes to comcast's servers so it is never 'instant'. the Xfinity TV remote uses internet to do the changes and may prove speed slowness is your connection to comcast's servers from the set top boxes.

dwtucker63

Frequent Visitor

 • 

11 Messages

2 y ago

I also have Xfinity Internet and my speeds are above 150 and have been for a week. Only today the TV box is slow.Internet is still fine.

jakatak

Regular Visitor

 • 

15 Messages

2 y ago

Unfortunate that you are basically streaming via the internet to change channels.
Dish was instantaneous.
Also....my sound system shuts down about 10 seconds after turning the tv off.
carlestes

Contributor

 • 

21 Messages

2 y ago


@Rustyben wrote:

@dwtucker63 wrote:

We just installed a brand new DVR system a week ago. So far it has been ok. The Remote Rewind, Pause and Fast Forward buttons were slow to respond. But today - It has been horrible. Almost unusable. Event he Gukde loads SLOOOOWWWWWW. First time we have seen this (only been a customer for a week). 30 days in our trial. They better figure this iut or we are dropping it. It is unusable as it is today.


call 800-Comcast or use the Xfinity my account app to have Xfinity call you. set up home appointment to fix your set top box signal levels. note that each command goes to comcast's servers so it is never 'instant'. the Xfinity TV remote uses internet to do the changes and may prove speed slowness is your connection to comcast's servers from the set top boxes.


Well, the batteries in the remote excuse is now disproven, and I have to differ on the "remote uses internet" line.

The remote uses RF to communitcate to the cable box, it does not go out into the internet, thru your wifi router/modem, and then back to the box. Look at the cable connection to the box (has it's own, and IF you have internet, a separate connection to the actual modem for that.

The remote communicates to the box, and then the box does the work. Well,.......it used to.......

Regular Visitor

 • 

5 Messages

2 y ago

Factory Reset the X1 Voice Remote
  1. Press the Setup button until the LED at the top of the remote changes from red to green.
  2. Press 9-8-1.
  3. The LED will blink green twice to indicate that the remote was reset.
      This worked for me. Easy peasy and can do it when ever I need to. 
    and no I am just a lowly custome who plugged in to the search engine "reset x1 remote. This was the top answer and it worked for us immediately. Having said this we got the latest modem and maybe the remotes needed to reconnect with that. Just musing there. But I am happy now with it and will always use that option as a go to try. 
carlestes

Contributor

 • 

21 Messages

2 y ago


@dwtucker63 wrote:

I peformed a System "Refresh" - Not Rest and afterwards it returned to normal performance.

This tells me it is NOT the conncetion or the signal.

This tells me it is NOT the remote as some have suggested.

This tells me it is NOT interferrance from my Internet Modem, Router or network.

 

We will see how long this lasts and if the slowness returns.


I have done the "refresh", and yes, it does seem to help for a while. Within a day or two, it's back. I have scheduled "the updates" to take place early am (3a.m.), but this is neither here nor there.

Whatever the "updating" does, or whatever they do with the boxes, it's poorly implemented.

dwtucker63

Frequent Visitor

 • 

11 Messages

2 y ago

I peformed a System "Refresh" - Not Rest and afterwards it returned to normal performance.

This tells me it is NOT the conncetion or the signal.

This tells me it is NOT the remote as some have suggested.

This tells me it is NOT interferrance from my Internet Modem, Router or network.

 

We will see how long this lasts and if the slowness returns.

Cody21

Regular Contributor

 • 

158 Messages

2 y ago

I have tried ALL of the suggestions posted here ...  X1 Refresh. Replaced the REMOTE. Power/Reset the X1. 9-8-1 as previously suggested ...  

 

I am convinced that the REAL underlying issue is that the Remote is actually going over the Internet to PULL & display the GUIDE as well as change channels -- or anything probably.  After the X1 has been turned OFF for like 8 hours (overnight), the very initial GUIDE pressed takes for-EVER ..  Honestly, like 5-8 seconds to Pull the data & display the GUIDE.  After that initial display of the GUIDE, it still is slow - but more like 2-3 secs. I know that doesn't SOUND like a long time, but in no way is this thing ever Instantaneous (like DTV or DISH was).   Even just changing channels is slow -- and PS, that whole "reminder that you can just say "ABC"" to change channels - rather than key "5" - just adds to the delay. I can actually change channels faster than using the MICROPHONE feature, just by keying the channel number & enter.   (And WHY can't we remove those stupid HINTS? I am so tireed of seeing them! They only ADD to the DELAYS !!!)

 

Not Awesome ...  but Slooooow... 

 

jakatak

Regular Visitor

 • 

15 Messages

2 y ago

Why was my Dish remote blistering fast, and this is akin to dial up for a modem.
Rustyben

Expert

 • 

24.1K Messages

2 y ago


@jakatak wrote:
Why was my Dish remote blistering fast, and this is akin to dial up for a modem.

when your signal levels are correct it is very fast and responsive.

New to the Community?

Start Here