raycurras's profile

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

Wednesday, July 17th, 2019 3:00 PM

Closed

slow remote response...

hi...two weeks ago, I have been experiencing extremely slow reponse from my control...the only solution so far is power cycling the xfinity "box", then all becomes normal again...but again the same happens at the next day...can someone help?...thanks...

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Accepted Solution

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

5 years ago

Hello, all! Thank you for reaching out here. Sorry to hear about the issues with the delayed responses on the cable boxes. As CCAndrew suggested, this is likely an issue with the signal. In these types of issues, we recommend restarting your cable box first. Additional information about resetting your devices can be found here: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/x1-reboot-my-set-top-box

If you continue to run into any issues, please feel free to send us a PM with your first and last name! We're happy to troubleshoot further with you. 

Contributor

• 

403 Messages

5 years ago

Same problem on my main box and my secondary box very slow to respond and yes batteries were checked

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Batteries in your remote have little to do with it. When X1 boxes are slow to respond it generally means there’s a signal issue. Check all of your connections and if you think you need a tech out let us know

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

If restarting the box solves the problem (even for one day) the issue is not likely with the signal.  I'm seeing the same issue and need to restart the dvr just about every day.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

You shouldn’t have to restart it at all. That’s where signal issues come in to play (or equipment issues).

Problem Solver

• 

974 Messages

5 years ago

Too many of my friends are having this same problem. We can't all be having "signal issues". Did Comcast put out some kind of X-1 update recently???

Contributor

• 

36 Messages

5 years ago

@dadgren wrote:

Too many of my friends are having this same problem. We can't all be having "signal issues". Did Comcast put out some kind of X-1 update recently???

this. it's been insufferable for about a week. something changed and it's slows everything down

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue ever since I got the box. The one that causes the problem is the subsidiary box. I restart it every other day. Internet search reveals this is a problem that has been going on for years.

Problem Solver

• 

974 Messages

5 years ago

Batteries make no difference, it is easy enough to check battery levels in "remote settings". Mine are 90% and I still have slow responce time from remote control.

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

Im having same issue with slow remote, also when I change volume, screen loses picture and come back on in a few seconds.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

25.9K Messages

5 years ago

Same issue ever since I got the box. The one that causes the problem is the subsidiary box. I restart it every other day. Internet search reveals this is a problem that has been going on for years.
It’s been posted a lot because it’s a common issue. Your secondary box needs solid communication from your main box (with no interference). If there’s interference you’ll have slow response. Have you ever had a tech out?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having the same issue started 9/2

Contributor

• 

271 Messages

5 years ago

I had this problem on my XG2 last night. Delay of two to three seconds before the box reacted to the commands from the remote.

There were no issues with the main XG1v4 DVR during the same time period though.

I unplugged the power to the XG2 for a couple of minutes. When the box was powered back on, it was fine.

Problem Solver

• 

974 Messages

5 years ago

Appreciate the suggestion.

Problem Solver

• 

974 Messages

5 years ago

@RobertWy wrote:

@dadgren wrote:

Batteries make no difference, it is easy enough to check battery levels in "remote settings". Mine are 90% and I still have slow responce time from remote control.

Distance from the STB can be an issue.

Appreciate the suggestion but in my case the remote is always 3 feet away from the box. Maximum of 4 feet at times. Some days the remote works fine other day it is pitiful.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here