Sun, Aug 1, 2021 12:39 AM

Slow channel change

Why is is the cable so slow  changing channel

Responses

Official Employee

• 

201 Messages

2 m ago

Hello, @curtdad. I appreciate you making us aware that it's taking longer than usual to change the channel. I know how frustrating it can be, especially when you're having trouble finding something to watch.

Have you attempted to use the self help options on our awesome My Account app to reset the cable box. How about a power cycle, have you tried that?

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

2 m ago

when you press a button or buttons on the X1 remote, the information is received by the set top box and sent by internet to an X1 server that replies with a command telling the box what to do. you didn't mention how delayed the change (for example channel up button pressed) happens after pressing the button.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

2 m ago

I am also getting delays. Especially when I want to scroll to see what other channels there are. I hit the arrow--and nothing happens. Hit it again---again, nothing. Try a 3rd time, and then it moves over 3 channels!!!  It's like I have to hit the arrow and count to ten to see if it will go to the next one.  It is SO slow!. And when I use the remote--I have to speak into it twice EVERY SINGLE TIME!  And I am speaking slowly and clearly. Tonight, I had to ask for YouTube  FOUR times before it went there. And any channel I go to, it takes too long to open the channel. I had FIOS for 13 years and I am getting ready to change after 2 weeks of this! 

Rustyben

Expert

• 

24.1K Messages

@nytwhatevr I've had that before and for me it took a tech who checked connection on all channels at the little box outside my home where the cable comes in. He replaced the line to the cable tap and they buried it within a week. 

I am not a Comcast Employee.
I am a Customer Expert volunteering my time to help other customers here in the Forums.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Was your question answered? Please mark an Accepted Answer!tick

New to the Community?

Start Here