abdef's profile

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

Tuesday, January 9th, 2024 4:52 PM

Closed

Signal Dropping Out

I have pixelation on all of my TVs. The signal strength is "Good" in diagnotstics and the signal drops out every minute or so for a few seconds. This has happened in the past and it was found to be outside my home. I believe this is outside again. I have performed all of the necessary troubleshooting techniques but it is still happening. Any ideas?

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

8 months ago

@abdef I am sorry to hear about the pixelation on your TVs. I understand how that can be frustrating. I want to make sure we are respecting your time and not repeat the steps you have taken previously. What troubleshooting steps have you taken? 

I also wanted to make sure you are aware that any time you need to troubleshoot our Xfinity app can assist you step by step. It is not just to pay your bill or to get notifications about interruptions. To learn how to troubleshoot in the future you can follow the link: https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/using-xfinity-app. Honestly, it is the best app to date that we offer and super easy to use for all of your account needs! Have you used the app?

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

I have used the app and done everything that can be done by a customer (i.e. follow the troubleshooting procedure, reboot the modem, check all of the outlets etc.). I am a technician/engineer. I am familiar with the technology. This has happened before and it was the Xfinity signal outside of my house. They destroyed my yard with a ditch digger, ran a new line to my home and replaced all of the outlets and connections in my home!! Did not fix the problem. Then, magically, a week later, the problem went away!! It has started again. I believe that it is outside my home. It generally happens when we have bad weather. I will wait and see what happens.

Official Employee

• 

1.4K Messages

Gotcha! We'll be on standby and if it happens again please reach back out and let us know. Is there anything else I can help you with this evening?

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

@XfinityDena​ Sorry Our signal drops speed regularly and every 2-3 weeks entirely. Your techs have given me 3routers blaming this equipment. My thoughts are the signal from Xfinity just SOO inconsistent it screws up streaming and our internal google mesh. I WISH we coukd monitor and log outside signal to prove this!

Expert

• 

106K Messages

4 months ago

@Tech-Retired77 

Please create a new topic of your own here on this board detailing your issue. Thanks. The original poster has not returned. 5-month-old dead thread is now being closed.

For future reference, it is better to submit your own post as it creates a ticket to get help, and posting on someone else's older thread can delay getting help.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here