parboy183's profile

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, September 9th, 2021 1:37 AM

Closed

Sec+ network not available

I am unable to view content on sec+ via the x1 app on my box.  I can see what is available, but when I click on it, it says unavailable in your package or region.  According to xfinity, as long as I have xfinity internet and sec network in my package I should have access to sec+.  I used it during baseball season, but now can't watch football.  I have tried calling an agent, but no resolution. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

3 years ago

I'm experiencing the same issue when trying to watch women's soccer

Official Employee

• 

974 Messages

Hello, @user_c74e4b, thank you for taking the time to comment and let us know the problem you are having. I love sports and have recently gotten into soccer because my mom is a big Megan Rapinoe fan! 

Are you experiencing the same error message? Is the issue occurring only with women's soccer or is it occurring on one specific channel?

I no longer work for Comcast.

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

3 years ago

Hello, @parboy183, we will be happy to help and get you the information you need about SEC+ Network. I am sorry you are having trouble accessing the app on your cable box and we did not resolve this concern on your call. I know it's not a good feeling if you can't watch your favorite sports when you want them to be available. At your convenience, use the Direct Message icon at the top of the page to send your name and service address to "Xfinity Support." Once we locate your account, we can help you with your subscription in greater detail. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

Mrsdaks

I have been trying to resolve this same issue for over a week. I could see what was available on the SEC+ network, but then received the message that it was not available in the package I have or the area I am located. I have had several phone calls with no resolution. I have rebooted, switched out TV boxes, and been to the Xfinity office in person. They say it is not on their end? Very frustrating!

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Hello @user_308ace, thanks for reaching out for help on our forums! You've reached the right team to help and we can certainly assist with looking into this channel concern. In order to get started can you please send us a private message to Xfinity Support with your full name and full address by clicking the chat icon in the top right?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Thanks, but do not see a chat icon?

Official Employee

• 

271 Messages

Sorry to hear that, are you signed into your username? 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Is it the icon for Direct Messaging that looks like a piece of paper with writing?

Official Employee

• 

553 Messages

Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Peer to peer chat" icon (upper right corner of this page)

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send your message

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem, You would think comcast would post the solution somewhere.

Contributor

• 

15 Messages

3 years ago

Same issue here. Anyone get this resolved?

New Poster

• 

9 Messages

3 years ago

I have the same problem in Nashville trying to watch football on sec network plus

Problem Solver

• 

954 Messages

Hello @PamoTN. Are you still in need of assistance? If so, please send me a direct message with your first and last name, along with your complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.   

Here are detailed steps to direct message us:  

 • Click "Sign In" if necessary 

 • Click the direct message icon

 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon 

 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list 

 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window 

 • Press Enter to send your message 

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I am also having the same issue. I have been told that they are not sure why and want to send a technician to my home. I would like to hear if there was any resolution

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

3 years ago

No resolution yet.  Had a Comcast executive  trying to help last week.  Have not heard anything back from him though.  

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I experienced the same situation.. I worked with an Xfinity support rep and could not resolve the issue. So I contacted ESPN Customer Care with this issue. As of now, I haven"t received much response? They keep asking to explain the issue.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

I get ESPN, ESPN3, ESPNU, SEC and ESPN+ with no problem and I can stream SEC+ on my pc but when I try to watch on xfinity I get "not available for package or region".

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_80480f.

Can you confirm the type of cable box you have, type and model number if you have it? (I mainly need to confirm if you have a normal X1 box or our Flex box. Do you get any kind of XRE or RDK error code? 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

It's an X1 Box, ( I exchanged for a new one Saturday) No error codes. It acts like it's attempting to load and then stops and gives that message that its not in the package or region. I think I remember in the  spring sometime Xfinity added the ESPN+ app to the system I think the problem may have started then. I don't remember any problems during the season last year. But that was a crazy college season.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

7.2K Messages

Depending on the region you're in the SEC channel will be available to view on your cable box. But if you're outside of the assigned region you would only be able to stream the content on a portable device. This is due to blackout rules. 

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_80480f 

That's what I get...and I'm in Nashville and that about as centered as you can get in the SEC....I was told that Xfinity needs to update their ESPN internet app...but guess that hasn't happened yet.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@user_80480f 

I watched Sec Baseball all Summer on SEC Network Plus with no issues....but Football, (I even tried soccer) Season has brought a different story.  

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

3 years ago

Xfinity Amir

Do you even read these post? THERE IS NO PROBLEM WITH THE SEC CHANNEL! THE PROBLEM IS WITH THE SEC+ CHANNEL THAT IS INCLUDED WITH THE SEC CHANNEL. I am in northeast Florida I see another post from Nashville that leads me to believe this is a programing problem that we the poor souls that pay for these services can do nothing but depend on you to our inquiries and correct.

Official Employee

• 

923 Messages

Hi, @user_80480f and the others seeking assistance. I can confirm now this is a known issue for live events. For those experiencing issues, is this only for live events? Based on the information we have, you can use the "c" button to play the live event if it is available. Otherwise for this issue we do recommend you use the ESPN website/app on a computer or mobile device to watch the live events.

At this time this is the most up to date information we have for this issue. If you are having issues that are outside live event issues with the service, please let us know and we can look into this further.

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Yes, this is for live events.  What is the "c" button you refer to?

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi there @parboy183!  The C button is located on the Xfinity remote.  If you have the XR15 remote, the "C" button is located on the left side bear the directional arrows above the back button.  

Visitor

• 

6 Messages

So to try out the "c" button, I just need to get to sec+, highlight what I want to watch, then press "c"?

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@parboy183 

I tried that and it did not work.

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

3 years ago

I am having the same issue....I have made three phone calls, changed modems and unplugged, and restarted everything in my house logged into my app, etc....and I still cannot access SEC Network plus.  I have been told by everyone that as long as you have ESPN and SEC Network you should be able to access the plus.  The last phone call on 9/18 said that they would have a technician to update my ESPN app on my service and that would solve the problem.  She said it would take 24 hours.  This is Tuesday 9/21 and it's still not fixed.  I anyone has the answer, please respond.....

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

3 years ago

I also can’t access sec plus. I have been on the phone with numerous agents and nobody knows even what the issue is. I am so frustrated over this. They r sending a technician to. Y hone on Monday but I do not know what they will be able to do. Obviously xfinity screwed up something. Can anyone let me know if you were provided a resolution?

Visitor

• 

5 Messages

@bowlusje

I too am having a Tech come on Monday....but, here is what I think.  About three months ago....ESPN did away with their old app and went to the WatchEspn app....I had to delete from my cell and get a new one.  Since this is internet related...I would suspect that Xfinity would need to "load a new app" into their system, because ESPN is not supporting the old app.  In the last couple of days, I have seen a new SEC Network Plus icon pop up on screen...but it still does the same as before....we can only hope they are working on it.

Visitor

• 

1 Message

We watched the Alabama game at home 3 games ago, so we thought it would still work yesterday. Something changed now where these games for SEC West are not included, but SEC East we could play live yesterday

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Hi, @bowlusje. I've replied to your Peer to Peer chat message. I will be glad to help. Please reach back when you are ready. 

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

3 years ago

I talked to an ESPN Support person. He suggested going to the ESPN App on the Smart TV. It worked on a Samsung, but the LG does not support the ESPN App on their own Apps.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

Thank you for giving that a try for now, @user_308ace. We know this is being reported by a number of our customers. Once we have more updates, we will be sure to keep everyone informed. I appreciate you trying that workaround.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

So what is the fix? We are paying for it.

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I have had 4 technicians come out , spoke to support over the phone etc. No one knows how to fix this problem, yet we continue to be charged for the service.

Frequent Visitor

• 

20 Messages

I have been having the same problem since September 4th.  I live in the Lilburn (metro Atlanta) area.  Could not access the Auburn game on SEC+ on my TV's but could get it on the computer (as many above had explained).  I get error messages "Not available for Pkg or Region" or "APPS error 04036" or no error message and it keeps trying but never gets there; I see the title for the show but it never comes.  Also have similar problems with ESPN3, although able to get it about 1/20 tries.  I have talked with numerous techs who have reset my box, sent signals multiple times, unplugged and plugged things, had me go to privacy settings and clear cookies, had a supervisor call my house and assure be it would be fixed when they sent a tech, and finally had a tech come out to my house and exchange all of my equipment boxes and remotes and check connections, etc.  He tried a  bunch of stuff.  He finally said IT IS NOT MY PROBLEM AT MY HOUSE OR MY EQUIPMENT BUT IT IS A "BROADCAST NETWORK" PROBLEM WITH COMCAST.  He told me it will only get fixed if enough people complain about it. 

So here we are, please do something Xfinity, as we are seniors paying $283 a month for our service and this is the only entertainment we have and we cannot watch other sports that we like that air on SEC+ or ESPN3, as we have been able to do in the past. 

Visitor

• 

4 Messages

I can get it on my pc, and even when I mrror it to my smart tv it will not play. It seems  the xfinity app does not recognize that it comes with the sports package. 

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here