U

Friday, February 9th, 2024 9:10 PM

Closed

Samsung TV not recognizing xg1v4a cable box.

Brand new Samsung TV will not recognize my XG1v4a box. I have changed the HDMI cable and did not help. Do I need to replace the box?

Official Employee

• 

1.1K Messages

7 months ago

Hello @user_427bjd Thanks so much for taking a moment out of your day to leave a post on our community forum. Are you still having issues connecting?

4 Messages

Yes I am still having issues. It will not recognize the box at all. I am so frustrated, I am considering cancelling cable tv. Can you help?

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Thanks for getting back to us @user_427bjd, and I am sorry to hear that the TV still does not recognize the cable box. I absolutely understand your frustration, and we definitely do not want you to cancel the Cable service. My team is here to help and would be more than happy to further assist you. 

For troubleshooting purposes, have you tried more than one HDMI input? Does the cable box power on or does the cable box light up when you plug it in? Also, for testing purposes, do you have another TV you can test the cable box on? 

Thanks for your help and time working on this! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

4 Messages

The cable box does power on and works, it worked with my old TV but it was just on an input, it was not like this smart Samsung TV. The Samsung TV sees it but can not identify it. Even when I manually enter the model number of the box, it still can not change the channel on the box with the Samsung remote. The box will change channels only when I use the Xfinity remote. I have tried multiple HDMI inputs and get the same result. Unfortunately this is the only TV that I have that is a smart TV. Any other ideas? 

Official Employee

• 

3.7K Messages

Thanks for getting back to us @user_427bjd. I would like to see if we can further troubleshoot this on our end and get you connected. Can you please send us a Direct Message, so that we can gather some more information/details? Here are the detailed steps to direct message us: 
 • Click "Sign In" if necessary
 • Click the "Direct Message icon” (upper right corner of this page)
 • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
 • Type "Xfinity Support" in the To line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
 • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
 • Press Enter to send your message

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

4 Messages

7 months ago

Just an FYI everyone, my new Samsung 85" CU7000 TV will not pair with the Xfinity box. They know this and will not make this public. I will be dropping Comcast TV, and go full streaming.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_427bjd I’m sorry to hear you're having issues with your Samsung Tv. I am happy to help locate the issue and work towards a resolution for you. To start can you check and confirm your Samsung Tv is compatible with our services. I have a link here with more details for you to view. 

https://www.xfinity.com/support/articles/activating-xfinity-stream-smarttvs

1 Message

3 months ago

Our new Samsung TV (a very expensive tv) will work with the Xfinity box for a couple of weeks and then it won't work. We have been through 3 boxes from Xfinity including a brand new one. Here we are again, same problem. All of our other smart TVs have no issues with the boxes. Bought the TV in March. Not happy and going to Best Buy to see if they will help us somehow 

This comment has been converted into a post
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here