Saturday, September 30th, 2023 10:54 PM

Closed

Rewind live channel after exiting a recorded show

I can’t Rewind live channel after exiting a recorded show 

Official Employee

• 

812 Messages

1 year ago

Hello @Berkbaby, thanks for reaching out via Xfinity Forum. We would be happy to take a look into the issue you are experiencing with rewinding live channels. I know our X1 system has a ton of awesome features, but this is certainly at the top of the list to prevent missing any key moments in a program! Does the issue only occur after leaving a show you have previously recorded, and does it also occur on multiple channels/networks/programs?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I'm not sure how to differentiate whether this post is public. I thought it was?

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

I also noted one more difference in the way this X1 box is behaving, when I change the channel to a show that i am recording, the box does not know that it is being recorded (red timeline on screen). 

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

@XfinityMarcus​ will this issue be resolved? I have been with Comcast/Xfinity for over 30 yrs. and it seems like a number of people are also not happy about the disappearance of this feature. 

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hey there @Berkbaby thank you so much for taking the time and bringing this to our attention.  The Rewind, Pause, and Fast Forward features are integrated into our DVR equipment, so we definitely want to get to the bottom of how this isn't working for you.  Is this going on with the Primary DVR box, on a secondary, or both? If this is affecting a particular channel, have you attempted to change the channel, start a new program, or open an ON-Demand show/movie, then try again on the live feature? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

1 Message

1 year ago

I have the same problem. I had this feature with my last box but no longer works. I can't turn TV on and rewind a live broadcast or leave a recording back to live TV and unable to rewind.

I have the XG1v4 DVR. The turning CEC off doesn't work either. 

I'm spending too much money, changed 2 boxes and Xfinity has been no help, going to get another service. 

2 Messages

1 year ago

We are having the same issue.

Please restore the DVR functionality of being able to watch a live show “behind” a DVR show. We used to be able to exit out of the DVR’d show, then rewind and watch the “live” show that was playing “behind” the DVR show. This function was there on all our set-top boxes and has recently disappeared and we have not physically changed any boxes. Resetting and Refreshing the boxes we have has not worked. We would like the functionality restored please.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@user_as00bp Thanks for reaching out, and reporting the concern you are having. Some programs are not allowed to restart based off the Network, so it may not work for every show. Does this happen on every channel? Are you getting any error messages when trying to rewind the live show? 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

it happens every channel. This is a reduction in service, it was a feature that was useful

2 Messages

Yes, this happens on every channel and every program no matter what time of day or what show we are watching. We do not get any error messages when trying to rewind. We just don't have the option to rewind because there is no 'blue' line showing that there is part of the program to rewind. 

Please inform us of an action plan on how to get this feature back. 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

11 months ago

I would like to report the same problem.

It used to be that when you were watching a live channel, and then started watching something on demand or on the cloud DVR, the cable box would continue to record the live channel into the watchback buffer.  You could exit out of the on demand or DVR program, and then rewind back the live channel and watch what you'd missed.

Now, whenever you start watching an on demand or DVR program, the cable box stops recording into the watchback buffer, and only starts recording to the buffer again once you switch back to live TV.

The watchback buffer is very important to me.  It's one of the reasons I still subscribe to Xfinity.  Please restore this functionality.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @Tcalg thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding being able to watch back a channel when switching to a DVR or On Demand program. We would be happy to help with troubleshooting this concern. Are you attempting to record the channel when you are switching to another program? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

No, I am not attempting to record the live channel when I switch to an on demand or cloud DVR program.  This is about cable box's "timeshift buffer", which normally records 25 minutes of whatever channel you're watching, so you can rewind it back.  This timeshift buffer used to continue to record the "live" channel even when you switched to an on demand or cloud DVR program.  Now, this timeshift buffer resets when you exit out of the on demand or cloud DVR program.

Official Employee

• 

1.3K Messages

@Tcalg, do you get any kind of error message when this happens? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

No, there is no error message. It's just something that used to work a certain way, and now works differently.

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

I would like to take a deeper look into why this function is no longer working properly to help with getting this resolved. 

Please send us a direct message with your name and service address, so we can assist you further. To send us a Direct Message, you will need to sign in to the Forums if you are not. Then you will need to locate and click on the "Direct Message" icon located in the upper right corner of this page. Next, click the "New Message" (paper & pencil) icon and type "Xfinity Support" in the to line, and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list. You can proceed to type your message in the text area near the bottom, and press enter to send the message. Please let me know if you have any questions.

6 Messages

11 months ago

Reporting same problem with amyblive channel not rewindable after viewing a DVR recording.  This started with only FS2 chnnl months ago but now every chnnl starting this month quite sure.   A big issue to us, a deal breaker will cancel xfinity service if this does not get resolved

6 Messages

<span;><span;>Reporting same problem with amyblive channel not rewindable after viewing a DVR recording.  This started with only FS2 chnnl months ago but now every chnnl starting in this month quite sure. Have reset box frm menu and removed power cord tovreset also

A big issue to us, a deal breaker,  I'll be ready to cancel / move on from xfinity if this does not get resolved

Official Employee

• 

2.2K Messages

Hey there, @user_b4fy3n, thanks for reaching out through Xfinity Forums regarding the rewinding issue. We definitely do not want to lose you as a customer, and we would be happy to help with troubleshooting this feature. Are you having any other issues with your DVR features? Also, have you tried any troubleshooting steps? 

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

11 months ago

I just want to update the other posters in this thread and those following along...

I have been in contact with Xfinity Support and went through the usual troubleshooting steps, and it didn't resolve the problem.  I was told my X1 box was giving them error messages when they were attempting to send signals and commands to it, so I am going to exchange my current box for a new one next week.  I'm not optimistic that it will resolve the issue, but we'll see.

I would encourage others who have reported this problem to also open a ticket with Xfinity Support.  I know it can be frustrating, and they'll ask you to do a lot of dumb things that won't work.  But if enough people report the same problem, it will maybe help them get a better understanding of it.  I would also encourage those who are reading this thread, but haven't experienced this problem, to check your own X1 box and see if you have this problem too.  Can you watch a live channel, then watch something on demand , then go back to the live channel and rewind it and watch what you missed?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

11 months ago

Update:

I exchanged my X1 box for a new one, and that fixed the problem.  The new box continues to record the "live" channel even when I switch to something on demand or on the DVR.  Works just like it's supposed to.

I wish everyone else the best of luck in getting this problem resolved.  Try exchanging your box.  It might work.

Visitor

• 

8 Messages

how do get a new box I can't find a human to talk to?

Gold Problem Solver

• 

266 Messages

If you have an Xfinity Store near you, I would recommend making and appointment, and just bring your old box in.  They should exchange it without any trouble.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here