Boxerluver's profile

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

Sunday, November 5th, 2023 9:48 PM

Closed

Restart and Watch Now No Longer Availabble on Live TV and HBO

I have lost the ability to restart a show, or watch now. It used to be availabble on the majority of the channels I watched. In fact on HBO, I had watched Upgrade on HBO using the watch now and the very next day that option was no longer available. I called tech support and they said it was only HBO, but I also a, not able to do the same on many of the Science channel shows I watched. I have restarted numerous times and many people are complaining about this on the other thread. Someone even said a tech came out and did not resolve the issue. Obviously this feature has been removed and we would all like it back as that is the point of having On Demand. I know this feature is available on Direcctv and Verizon FIOS. Please help!

Official Employee

• 

737 Messages

11 months ago

@Boxerluver Hello, I am happy to be of assistance. Can you please send us a DM. You can start by clicking the chat icon located in the top right corner of your forums' page when signed in. Once there, you can direct your messages to "Xfinity Support." Please add your full name and service address to help us locate your account. Let me know if you have any questions. 

5 Messages

@XfinityVictor​ good idea but there is not a chat icon located on this forum page

Visitor

• 

1 Message

Doesn’t even matter. I did a live chat last night and the tech had no clue

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

11 months ago

It’s several more steps, but if you click on the show in the guide and go to Info, you’ll see Watch Options or Play. Not sure why they deleted a function that did the same thing in one click.

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@Donnaw2​ Hi, maybe on some of them, but I checked all on HBO and other channels and I don’t even have watch options as a choice.  Just Episodes(if it’s a show), Record, Remind me Other Times

(edited)

6 Messages

Me too.  Here's hoping this bad decision will lead to mass cancellations of Xfinity accounts.     

1 Message

@Donnaw2 I tried it it just says watch not restart so idk......

(edited)

1 Message

11 months ago

I loved this feature. I'm angry. Why would they remove this? It sort of makes HBO and Showtime irrelevant. I can find the movie I want to watch NOW "On Demand!"

I want an answer. I'm guessing if you want to remove these channels now, it will just put you in another tier which excludes other channels, like Root sports and others. I'm going to visit my friendly (non-greedy) Xfinity store and find out! :(

Visitor

• 

7 Messages

@user_xnlbdh​ Exactly, that is the whole point of On Demand. If a movie is 60 minutes in and I want to watch from the beginning, instead of being able to click “watch now” I have to wait until it’s on again and record. Same with shows if I miss the first 10 or 15 minutes. This is a deal breaker.

1 Message

@Boxerluver​ 

I found that I can use voice and say the name of movie and name of channel and I can watch it in entirety   It’s not as easy as when we had watch now or restart feature 

1 Message

11 months ago

Yes, this feature needs to be reinstated immediately. That makes movie watching that much more enjoyable.

Official Employee

• 

331 Messages

@user_jkrglv We appreciate your feedback. If this feature is no longer available, we will make sure to let our management know, so they can pass on how much you enjoyed this feature. 

3 Messages

[Edited: "Inflammatory"]

(edited)

5 Messages

@XfinityJoshuaG​ Add my name to the list--that feature was great!

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

@XfinityJoshuaG​ "Management" couldn't care less about the customers' complaints about this issue. The ultimate goal is to make it impossible to fast forward through the money producing lame, repetitive and mind numbing commercials. Xfinity has arbitrarily taken away one of the most important on demand features which allowed for much more satisfactory viewing. The watch now feature was a staple feature and it'd gone and doubtful no matter how many complaints will return.

1 Message

10 months ago

It’s terrible I stuck with Xfinity because Im a creature of habit but the benefits are slim with the cost being quite ridiculous Xfinity didn’t even have all the apps like YouTube etc initially when Verizon came out of the front door with it and the ability to restart ANY movie or show from the beginning even if there was only 1 second left Awesome feature I mentioned it to a “Comcast/Xfinity” and they were astonished and was in disbelief but not long after apps were added and that same restart function that I Ioved became an opoon Xfinity and I said finally they are keeping up or doing something smart for it’s customers but now that the option is no longer I feel robbed and will be looking for other cable/internet services Longevity with Xfinity certainly doesn’t not equate to consistency, quality or customer satisfaction :(

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

Hello, @user_ozg601 Thank you for your input, and we understand your disappointment. I have researched and see that this is a known issue. As a temporary fix you can navigate the Video on Demands menus to select the content to restart it until a permanent fix is in place. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

3 Messages

It’s amazingly frustrating. I go into the guide and go forward a couple of hours and I see a movie there and it used to be I could watch it at that time. very frustrating.

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

I am sorry for the frustration, @user_dcmwxu! I use that feature as well and enjoy having it! We are working to resolve this issue and will update the thread when that has happened. In the meantime, you can say the name of the show into the voice remote to see the different options to view it such as On Demand where you can watch it now or you can navigate through the On Demand menus to find it. Thank you for your patience while this is being fixed, we appreciate it! 

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

6 Messages

Yeah, navigate through ten thousand movies to find the one that you want to "Watch Now."  Get it fixed instead of passing along platitudes.  

Official Employee

• 

2.1K Messages

Hi, @user_dcmwxu and thread. I wanted to let you know that the issue is still actively being worked on and we do not have further updates at this time. Thanks for hanging in there while the work is completed. Engineering issues can take some time to resolve. 

1 Message

10 months ago

My restart became UNAVAILABLE recently 

Official Employee

• 

1.7K Messages

Hello @user_v90d81, thank you for reaching out to our forum for help with your restart option. Is this happening with DVR, On Demand, or both? Also, is this with all content or just a specific network, or show? 

1 Message

10 months ago

I no longer have the restart button on Xfinity what happened many times I’ve been going through to find something to watch and see something that I’ve missed, and I could just push the restart button and start the program with the movie over. I really enjoyed this feature now, why have they gotten rid of something like that

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

Hello @user_6yo00x this is not a feature that has been disabled on our X1 boxes. Is this issue present on all recordings and On-Demand shows you've tried? Have you gone through our self-troubleshooting steps with the X1 system?  The article below has links to common troubleshooting guides which should be very helpful. 

Xfinity TV & Streaming

5 Messages

I have tried everything including getting a new DVR box(as suggested by your store) but the feature is still gone--I even contacted STARZ and SCREENPIX to see if they dropped the feature and they said it was done by Xfinity

3 Messages

10 months ago

I 100%  agree and I am so upset as well!!

I feel like I lost a very appreciable feature with my Xfinity account! I pay a lot of money for this, and I cannot believe that they have taken it away

6 Messages

@user_dcmwxu​:  Right you are.  Even with my HOA discount, Xfinity gets more expensive every year.  So being tied to a schedule someone else sets instead of making my own decisions about what movies to watch when it's convenient for me makes it a very questionable value.  The promised "FIX" hasn't happened in 20 days and that's like flushing money down the drain.      

New Poster

• 

13 Messages

I call BS on xfinity even working on a fix! I saw the elimination of the features watch now and restart in one day to the next so why not fix it immediately! It's xfinity not the channels.

Official Employee

• 

922 Messages

Hello @msmamie68 ! Thanks for the feedback on this topic, and we will pass it along. The fact is the ability to manipulate programs with fast forward, rewind, restart, commercials, On Demand availability etc, are all set by the specific content owners. We carry the content with the direction we are given by said content owners.

1 Message

10 months ago

I am posting this so xfinity can see that this is a widespread issue, and that yet-another-customer is questioning their xfinity subscriptions.

Without the one-click restart feature for the premium channels that previously was available under INFO, the complex and cumbersome workarounds suggested leave us questioning our cable employment.

Please restore the Restart capability that was available just a couple of weeks ago.

2 Messages

@BubAtHome​ this.  I am cancelling my TV service as soon as football season ends.  Tired of getting less and less for the same price  It seems like they eliminate ease of use features that don't benefit them every chance they get.  Time to cut the cord.

6 Messages

10 months ago

Apparently, someone who doesn't listen to customers made the decision for Xfinity to eliminate the simple method to "RESTART" an HBO, STARZ, SHOWTIME movie or to "WATCH NOW."  As someone with a varied schedule, I'm unable to tune in at precisely the time a movie begins.   I used this feature every day for the last 15 years. 

Now that it's gone, I almost never get to watch a movie from start to finish.

I tolerated its frequent outages, but this horrendous decision makes it certain that I'm going to cancel my Xfinity service after 23 years as a subscriber.  

6 Messages

By the way, the roboreplies from Xfinity are a big PITA.  This has been an issue for at least 20 days with no fix forthcoming.  Surely, it's not difficult to step back to the way things were before the last "upgrade." 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

10 months ago

This option recently disappeared for us as well. We used it A LOT and are not happy that it has been removed.  Please re-add it Comcast.

Official Employee

• 

2.3K Messages

@user_d397f2 I know that I love to use this feature and wish that it was available for all networks and shows to use. Unfortunately, some programs are not allowed to restart based on the Network and the way they have their configurations set up, as Comcast does not have control over this. Most of the time, I have noticed that the movie/show will be available in the On Demand library, essentially allowing you to start the show there. If you see a continued watching after pressing the info button, that show will allow you to access the content and restart from the beginning right away.

5 Messages

10 months ago

I went to the Xfinity Store and they said I needed a new DVR box, got it and it still doesnt have these features--I used them frequently and will consider changing providers--I think they will bring it back and charge extra for it!

5 Messages

10 months ago

Bring it back now, by popular demand or you will lose many, many accounts!!

1 Message

10 months ago

Not that anyone cares at Xfinity, but I too am very frustrated that these features have disappeared. I pay way too much for cable, and it has a lot to do with the fact that I am a creature of habit, and don't like change. However, I was actually looking at switching my cell phone service to Xfinity from Verizon. 2 weeks ago, Verizon showed up at my door trying to get me to switch from Xfinity to using them for Internet and TV service. I am seriously thinking I will be switching. Pretty sad, since I have been a customer of Xfinity/Comcast for 25 years (less 7 months when I had to move in an area not covered by your service while I was waiting on a house).

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello @user_alwufz, thank you for taking the time to reach out on social media.  I understand your concern with the cable, and I'd like the opportunity to check into that for you.

To access your account, will you please send us a direct message with your full name and complete service address to “Xfinity Support”. To do so, click on the chat icon located at the top right of this forums page.

Here's the detailed steps to direct message us:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary
  • Click the "Direct Message” icon (upper right corner of this page)
  • Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon
  • Type "Xfinity Support" in the to line and select "Xfinity Support" from the drop-down list
  • Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window
  • Press Enter to send your message

1 Message

10 months ago

Same gripe here!  Why did this feature go away?!?!

Official Employee

• 

867 Messages

@rkb2112 We understand your concerns with this feature being removed. You can use this link https://support.xfinity.com/svp-contact-form to provide any additional feedback you may have. 

Visitor

• 

1 Message

I can still restart programs on the xfinity stream app in my browser, so why not on x1?

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Hello, @awsomebabe! Thanks for leaving a comment with you shared concern. Great question! I think another member of the Digital Care Team, XfinityFrank put it quite well earlier in the thread: "the ability to manipulate programs with fast-forward, rewind, restart, commercials, On Demand availability etc., are all set by the specific content owners. We carry the content with the direction we are given by said content owners." However, if you feel you're noticing any service concerns with what we provide, please don't hesitate to create a new post of your own so that we can take a look and help in any way possible!

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here