U

Sunday, July 14th, 2024 12:13 PM

Replace DVR box

I’ve been having consistent problems with my XG1v4-A DVR box.  I’ve also been told by an Xfinity technician, here at the house, that all DVR functions are now being handled in the Xfinity cloud.  Can I replace my troublesome XG1v4-A box with a standard Xfinity Xi5-P box, like I have on my other TVs?  That would solve my problems. 

Problem Solver

• 

565 Messages

2 months ago

I think you can take it to an Xfinity Store  and they will exchange it. You may want to call first and confirm.

Contributor

• 

17 Messages

2 months ago

I’ve been having consistent problems with my XG1v4-A DVR box.  I’ve also been told by an Xfinity technician, here at the house, that all DVR functions are now being handled in the Xfinity cloud.  Can I replace my troublesome XG1v4-A box with a standard Xfinity Xi5-P box, like I have on my other TVs?  That would solve my problems. 

First do you have any 4K TVs? The Cloud DVR is not a direct replacement for your XG1v4 DVR box. I would take the comments from the technician with a very large grain of salt.

Do you use 4K on any Streaming services like:

Service providers may have their own requirements to stream 4K content, such as a subscription to a premium package.

Dave

5 Messages

I went to the Xfinity store and told them that this was my fourth XG1 box and I was tired of driving down there and swapping out a not-so-new refurbished XG1 box.  They seem to work just fine for several months be before the start having problems.  The rep checked his inventory and brought me out an XG2 box.  

so far, so good. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

user_spjjhf Thank you for your patience and working with our teams. I am glad to hear that one is working better for you. How has it been since you last messaged us, everything still working great? 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

2 months ago

Hi there, @user_spjjhf! Thanks for reaching out to us here on the Community Forum. The XI5 boxes are dependent on there being an XG TV Box present at this time. I personally have an XG1v4, and it should still work great. Could you describe what kind of issues you are running in to with yours?

5 Messages

Playing recorded programs is nearly impossible.  It starts, stops and starts again.  Works just fine on all the other sets with X1 boxes. 

Also, selecting anything on the TV with the XG1v4-A box is a waiting game.  Hit “Guide” and you’ll have to wait 10-20 seconds before it comes up. 

It’s a mess.  I’m going to take it back to the Xfinity store.  Maybe they’ll replace it with another rebuilt box that works.  No chance of getting a new one. 

Official Employee

• 

903 Messages

@user_spjjhf, thanks for the details. That does sound frustrating! Usually with the issues you described there is a signal or equipment problem. You mentioned you had a technician at the house. Did they replace the box already? We can send one out if you prefer at no cost with a return kit for the old one, but bringing it to an XFINITY store with the power cord for a swap is an excellent idea as well. Let me know! 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here