ROB03045's profile

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

Friday, July 26th, 2024 8:45 PM

Removing ads from last watched channel list

How do you remove the forced ads appearing in my last watched channel list, these ads remove two channels from the list causing the function not to work normally, I have ZERO interest in any ad forced on me (currently Olympic opening ceremony) 

please explain how to be rid of these useless, annoying ads so my last watched channel list can operate properly

Contributor

• 

117 Messages

3 months ago

you don't.... these ads help keep your cable bill down......

Visitor

• 

2 Messages

I would have figured the 20 minutes of ads per hour of show would have done it, I don’t see why they need to disrupt their own features to force more. Personally I am far less likely to purchase anything or use any service that is constantly advertised over and over and over again. 

Official Employee

• 

1.2K Messages

Thank you very much for reaching out to us here @ROB03045, and for your feedback on that last watched feature. I have found the information on that, and it does state: For special events, a double-wide tile may appear in Last Watched for easy selection. Promotional tiles cannot be removed. 

I am an Official Xfinity Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Please, mark a reply as the Accepted Answer.tick

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

Thank you for the explanation.  If possible, please share feedback that these are irritating.  They should go away after seeing them once or twice.  As other customers have mentioned, we utilize the last channel watched feature a lot.  To have 2 tiles occupied by a sports ad all day is no good.  Thank you.

Official Employee

• 

1.6K Messages

We are happy to forward the feedback @lauraloo23 as we are always looking for ways to improve our products and services. You are also more than welcome to provide feedback directly on our website here https://www.xfinity.com/support/svp-contact-form. Do you have any other questions our team can help with at this time?

Official Employees are from multiple teams within Xfinity: CARE, Product, Leadership.
We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.

2 Messages

@XfinityJohnG​  Well WHY can't they be removed?!?!  This last watched feature is OUR toolbar for OUR use.  If someone wants to watch some sports program, I am quite sure they know how to find it on their own.  And why - once we have seen the awful thing - can't we just delete it as we would a regular channel.  Do you really think someone is going to see this thing during the final 2 minutes of a game and say, "Hey....I really need to be watching the end of that game..."  And yet the two space wide abomination lasts THE ENTIRE LENGTH OF THE PROGRAM...." 

1 Message

3 months ago

I want to know this also? It's so annoying that you can't remove or delete it after you see it. I miss my regular channels. 

1 Message

2 months ago

It is very annoying to the point that I want to drop Xfinity all together. They put up something in MY "last watched list" that I most definitely did not watch and take away two of my channels that I do watch. I have never had any interest in watching anything Xfinity forced into MY "last watched list" so it most definitely should be an option to remove it so I can see the channels that I pay for. Not having an option to remove something forced into MY "last watched list" is very frustrating and annoying. Xfinity needs to listen to their customers. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 months ago

I agree that this is highly annoying.  We utilize the "last channel" list a lot.  It was relentless during the Olympics.  Today, College Football has been stuck on there most of the day.  This should be removable.  Fine to show once, but it should go away.

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

1 month ago

I don't know why Comcast feels it is necessary to promote programming on the last channel list. Your customers know what they want to watch and they don't need Comcast to take away two spots on the last channel list anytime. The last channel list belongs to your customers and we don't need Comcast to take away two spots.   

1 Message

1 month ago

I spoke with "Cody" at Xfinity on 7/26 about this unwanted ad info on the "last channel" feature, which was at the beginning of the Olympics. He told me he'd check into it and get back to me. He never got back to me. Now the Olympics ads have morphed and expanded to college football, the NFL, and who knows what else will follow. I don't understand why Xfinity chooses to put these ads on the "last channel" feature and also make them undeletable. Xfinity doesn't get enough ad revenue already??!! And their lack of feedback is lame.

Official Employee

• 

1K Messages

@user_fo10og I'm sorry to hear you never received a call back. There's a way to opt out of personalized ads. I have a link to share with you https://www.xfinity.com/adservices. 

I will share your feedback in regard to the ads in your last channel feature. Through our Xfinity App you can also share your feedback to remove those ads. Do you have any additional concerns I can assist with? 

3 Messages

1 month ago

I swear if Comcast/Xfinity doesn’t let us remove these ads from last watched, I’m switching carriers.  Somebody said it keeps the price down, WHERE?  Plus, like somebody said, we got 20 minutes per hour of ads.  I’ve been contemplating canceling cable for a while and this is pushing me over the edge.  The ads used to leave after a while.  This is annoying!!!!!!!  You chat administrators better let the people that make decisions know and put some pressure on them, because I’m pretty sure it isn’t just us in this chat that feel this way.  Cable is on its last leg as it is, so I know you don’t need to lose subscribers.  Good luck with your dying medium.

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

Comcast must think that its customers don't know what programs are coming up and they feel that they need to tell us.

Wrong. We know what programs are coming up and we don't need Comcast to tell us.

So Comcast get rid of the ads and for once listen to your customers. 

We are not stupid about what programs we want to watch and we know when they will happen and by the way the last channel feature belongs to your customers to set up the way they want and not for Comcast to screw it up.   

3 Messages

They better listen to their customers.  Without customers, your business model is NOTHING!

(edited)

2 Messages

1 month ago

I am absolutely with all of the above posters on these unbelievably obnoxious intrusive forced ad tiles.  I urge everyone to contact the customer care portal given above (https://www.xfinity.com/support/svp-contact-form).  You WILL get an answer back (although not a solution) but the more people who bombard Xfinity with complaints (as they do to us with these awful tiles), the more likely they will do something about it.  

Contributor

• 

87 Messages

1 month ago

Even on Sunday Comcast feels it is necessary to tell us that there are NFL games by intruding with obnoxious adds on the last channel option. 

Hey Comcast, your customers know that there are NFL games on Sunday and that there are college football games on Saturdays. So quit screwing up the last channel watched with your obnoxious ads.

3 Messages

20 days ago

I’m looking at the game they are advertising and guess what?  Ad is still there.  We have AI, and granted I not 100% on AI, but there should be some code that you put in the program that when you’re actually looking at the event that is being advertised, the advertisement would remove itself.  Like I always say, common sense ain’t common.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here