hifi459's profile

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

Thursday, April 9th, 2020 12:00 PM

Closed

Reminders not working

Program reminders not appearing on screen. The list does show up on guide but at time of program reminder does no appear 

Every once & a while the reminder pops up on screen at time of show but its intermittent but most often not working anyone else reporting this issue?

Accepted Solution

Gold Problem Solver

• 

18.9K Messages

4 years ago

All -Apologies again and thanks for your continued patience.  I wanted to share a bit of an update and some background below: 

Our engineering team is aware of and is working on this issue with Reminders. 

High level,  the identified problem is essentially that our architecture is currently no longer optimized for the amount of reminders that are being added (we’ve seen a large increase in reminders over the years). As a result, a handful of reminders are being dropped.

A customer with a large amount of reminders is much more likely to experience random drops because of it.

Our team is currently working on updating our infrastructure to better optimize against the large load and are looking at around a month out before the changes will be deployed.

The team had this prioritized earlier, but unfortunately, because of COVID, the timeline had been pushed to accommodate more pressing issues. 

Marking this post as Best Answer for now , will update as more information and timing for the fix becomes available.  

Updated 4/28/2020 below: 

Thanks all for your patience while the team worked this issue. 

Glad to hear and see that the experience has improved. We’ve started rolling out the update about 2 weeks ago and are looking to finish next week so some areas are likely feeling the improved performance already.

We’ll be monitoring our networks to make sure everything continues to roll out smoothly.

Thanks again for your patience and persistence. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Long-time reminders are working, but daily choices are not showing up an hour later.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I've had the same problem for about a week now.

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Working now after a "System Refresh" by restarting the TV box using this...

https://www.xfinity.com/support/repair/tv/

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

4 years ago

Tried that earlier today & reminder worked one time but quit again. Thanks 

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Same here.  A day later, still not working right here either. That fix lasted a few short hours.

Sorry I wasted your time.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

4 years ago

they are shipping a new box.  I am quarantined so I don't want to go to store but you can take your box to the store & exchange it

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

Fortunately, I live very close to one of the stores, but it's closed for the crisis.  Maybe I'll order one to be delivered or just wait it out. 

The thing is, this box is less than six months old.

Contributor

• 

80 Messages

4 years ago

Ugg. Not encouraging to hear. I'm not versed on this forum. Do yo.know how to get anyone from xfinity involved?  Or situation escalated? 

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

4 years ago

I am having the same problem. In fact no reminders are working. I just got the box a few months ago. It seems like this should be something Xfinity should be investigating. Anybody listening?

Contributor

• 

90 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed my reminders for this entire week don’t work. I set them in advance for later that day, they are present in the saved section of my X1 DVR but they don’t trigger as planned.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

4 years ago

Seems I'm not the only one... schedule list is there but no reminder works. Restarted system..hard boot...nothing helps..been this way for a week. When I called..just got routed through the automation. Recording said try chatting online..that too is down...Comcast as usual...not providing good service...Yet they want us to pay huge bills! Come on Comcast fix the problem!!

Regular Visitor

• 

7 Messages

4 years ago

My reminder featrue is not workomg either.  What does Comcast say about it?

Contributor

• 

90 Messages

4 years ago

Update: my reminder today that I set over 1 week ago also failed to trigger. Xfinity support needs to fix this issue of reminders no longer working.

Contributor

• 

90 Messages

4 years ago

Agreed and hopefully this will be fixed in a future release since it also allows for tuning to that channel too.
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here