Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My recordings are not playing back and switching to “on demand” versions which do not allow the fast forward function. Please advise...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I recently noticed that DVR will not play back any show that is also on demand.  Comcast is basically forcing you to watch commercials.  If they don't switch this back, I plan on cancelling the service. It appears to be a scam where they make more money if you watch the shows that have commercials. For me the whole point of recording it is so I can skip over them.  It saves quite a bit of time!!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

i went to the onine chat and the tech sent a refresh signal to my set top box. it seemed to have worked, for now...

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Starting last week my DVR started giving error messages when we tried to watch the playback I watch shows just fine. My wife goes to watch the same shows and then it says there have been an error and she can't watch them we pay two hundred bucks a month we have a DVR so we don't have to bother what commercials if we don't want to what's going on

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@gpyro wrote:

I recently noticed that DVR will not play back any show that is also on demand.  Comcast is basically forcing you to watch commercials.  If they don't switch this back, I plan on cancelling the service. It appears to be a scam where they make more money if you watch the shows that have commercials. For me the whole point of recording it is so I can skip over them.  It saves quite a bit of time!!!

because of the outage not scheduling a home recording and the cloud version of the recording in some areas being corrupted playback presented the program requested via on-demand. nothing has changed. when the recording works in the home then you won't be sent to on-demand.

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

My situation is a bit different, the recordings which show on my DVR are not pulling from the cloud (where they are actually stored according to Comcast).  Even after the phone call saying everything had been fixed when I went to my DVR program it showed the blue circle and an error message saying my program was not found and redirected me to CBS which won't let me fast forward through the commercials.  The Comcast tier 2 technician says my box is somehow at fault so I have a techician coming out Tuesday.  We'll see.  For now I'm watching the old programs from before the issue started last Thursday.  And they credited me $20.

New Poster

• 

7 Messages

5 years ago

I’m still having this issue. Has been happening since Friday. All recordings freeze and then jump to On Demand where I can’t fast forward!!!

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

I recommend calling them.  They might send out a technician.  I'll post after the technician comes on Tuesday morning.....  Good luck!

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

Noticed some of our older recordings that the payback is pausing and skipping throughout. Annoying!!

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

For some reason all my recently recorded shows are automatically switching to the On demand version instead of my recorded DVR version. The message I get is " There was a problem playing back this dvr recording but we found a free version to watch in On Demand".

I have a dvr for a reason. I don't want to be forced to watch On Demand and be restricted from skipping the ads. My dvr is 63% full and I only ever watch from my tv. I don't stream from any other devices. This is really frustrating considering I pay $245 a month.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I'm having the same problem in California.  For the past week.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

So my network (ABC, NBC, etc.) recordings on Thursday and Sunday night after this issue was "fixed" are now recorded to t he cloud only, not local.  My non-network recordings (Food Network, Discovery, etc.) are recorded locally.  Anyone else seeing this?  Is this a new SOP for Comcast, putting major show recordings on the cloud?  Was the issue maybe caused by Comcast trying to make that change and screwing it up somehow?/

Contributor

• 

3.1K Messages

5 years ago

@JasonMa wrote:

So my network (ABC, NBC, etc.) recordings on Thursday and Sunday night after this issue was "fixed" are now recorded to t he cloud only, not local.  My non-network recordings (Food Network, Discovery, etc.) are recorded locally.  Anyone else seeing this?  Is this a new SOP for Comcast, putting major show recordings on the cloud?  Was the issue maybe caused by Comcast trying to make that change and screwing it up somehow?/

I am in Northern Virginia and so far have had all my DVR recordings 'back on track' and viewable the 'normal' way from the hard drive locally since  late last week. I checked Sunday night CBS Madam Secretary and its ok.  I am holding my breath that the cloud issue does not crop its ugly had back up here.

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I'm still having the issue for a week now.  When will this be resolved?  

Regular Visitor

• 

9 Messages

5 years ago

I just checked the shows I recorded last night and still have issues. Ugh!!
forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here