Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thursday, January 24th, 2019 2:00 PM

Closed

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

Great,  how do we apply for credit for the service we are paying for but not getting?

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

West Coast here (Seattle), issues started yesterday. Still no relief.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

It would be nice to tell everyone how they can get their credit for the cluster this has caused. 

This am I could play my Dvr shows but with the horrible skips, but now it just re routes to the on demand and hosed with commercials! Already had a chat earlier, lied to about the time frame to fix, was told 2 hours in my area, ha! Why am I always swearing at Comcast? Why is it always letting me down? 🤦‍♀️🤷‍♀️🤮

Frequent Visitor

• 

8 Messages

5 years ago

Are we going to be compensated for this problem?

New Poster

• 

11 Messages

5 years ago

WOW,  just read in one post that in order to get a credit for this customer has to contact customer-support (via phone, chat, or tweet) and give a reference number??  So even though Comcast ADMITS this is NATIONWIDE and effecting ALL Comcast customers, only those that jump through their hoops are going to get a credit for this nonsense!?

Cable-cutting is looking more and more appealing -- most shows to buy on-demand can run $2-$5 EACH... yet Comcast, I think I read, wants to offer a FIVE DOLLAR credit TOTAL for all the many show recordings lost and garbled???  All I can say at this point is wow, simply WOW! 

PS - DVR seems to be working now, but to know that we won't be getting a credit for this, this will be the customer's loss and the customer will be left holding the bag!?  That's their idea of customer-service and customer-satisfaction!?  No wonder so many always say to run fast and far from Xfinity, ASAP.   We'll discuss the options on this end, but Comcast, don't be overly shocked if soon you have one less high-paying customer, just FYI.   Rather bizarre how the consumer has to keep doing all the leg-work for Xfinity SNAFUs.  Consumer is expected to take DVR box in for swapping, and consumer has to call and be found worthy of a credit in order to be compensated for a poor service that effected ALL customers, wow!  -_-

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same problem in the past couple of days.  Play back keeps freezing.  Any solution would be appreciated.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I record since the payback from the cloud is choppy even with the additional performance package.... please fix as I don't think I'm getting value from my account.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Everett Wa same problem as of yesterday. DVR recordings revert to On Demand so you can’t FF through commercials. Calling to complain.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same issue here, Tacoma, WA.

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

I’ve also experienced the switching to OnDemand. If you search these forums/google you can find instructions on how to program a 30 second skip button on your remote (I did this forever ago so forget the exact steps). Even on programs where fast forward is disabled the 30 second skip will work. This has been an acceptable workaround for me the past couple days as I can still watch the majority of my shows without commercials.

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

In regards to a credit, please call Comcast customer service, or use the their chat feature which is faster.

New Poster

• 

5 Messages

5 years ago

I'm having the same skipping issue and some shows I've recorded won't play AT ALL.  I only have 29% of my DVR filled, so I don't know why my recordings would "be in the cloud."

I've also noticed this: DVR recordings won't "play", so my X1 jumps to the On Demand version, which - naturally - has Fast Forward disabled.  This SEEMS like a scam by Comcast to make users watch the version with commercials in it.  This has happened with more than one show.  Anyone else notice this?

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

5 years ago

If you read previous posts on this issue, you’ll find that it’s happening nationwide affecting everyone with the X1 service. I had the same issue in Maryland, however as of 10pm last night mine seems to be corrected for now. Please see attached post from Comcast.

Thanks
Comcast Customer

1 Attachment

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

5 years ago

My service in CT seems to be working correctly now after 3 days. My box did not recover from overnight tenoot though, got the "oops, something went wrong" message. Had to restart myself.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

same issue  as ntoed above -

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here