Blee926's profile

New Poster

• 

1 Message

Thu, Jan 24, 2019 2:00 PM

Recording on DVR are skipping

Hello,

In the last few days all of my DVR recordings will not play back without several skips in the programs. I can not watch any of the recorded shows without interruptions. I’ve unplugged, turned off, restarted, ect. Nothing seems to be fixing it. Please help!

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

Responses

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

Super frustrating to see that Comcast continues to hike rates and fees with little to show for it. It's no wonder some are cutting the cord and finding alternative means for video entertainment. I've been on the fence now for a while....this may finally be what I needed to push me to take the leap. 

milehiguy

Regular Contributor

• 

287 Messages

2 y ago

@schnappsy wrote:

I find it interesting that not one Comcast employee could take the time to post in this forum to let people know what is going on and that it’s a national issue. Wouldn’t you all have accepted that answer and not flooded the forum with comments? Just a few minutes of time would have made a huge difference. 

Another thing, why should I have to call Comcast and spend 30-60 minutes on the phone trying to get a $5 credit? My time is worth more than $5 an hour. They know the issues were all over the country. Do the right thing and for heaven’s sake, do your job. No need to get customers whipped into a frenzy for something that could have been answered here. 

Déjà vu all over again.  Same pattern of poor communication that we saw when the ability to set a recording via the Stream app was removed back in Nov 2017.  Most customers probably don't even know these forums exist.  Just think of the hours that were unnecessarily wasted by users researching that issue when a simple email or text message could have been issued.  My $.02 ...

GypsyJoey

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

2 y ago

How do you go about setting up that 30 second skip on remote?
GypsyJoey

Contributor

• 

48 Messages

2 y ago

Agreed

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Same issue in Bloomington, MN near Minneapolis

Gkoetzner

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

2 y ago

Exit Exit Exit 0 0 3 0
It doesn't look like it's working but the page up button is 30 seconds ahead and page down is 10 second rewind

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

Being in Comcasts backyard You probably have it the worst. 🙂 

Gkoetzner

Contributor

• 

26 Messages

2 y ago

Well said!

Frequent Visitor

• 

12 Messages

2 y ago

We're having the same issue the past few days. Anyone have the answer? I don't see it in this thread.

ComcastChe

Official Employee

• 

6.1K Messages

2 y ago

@Gkoetzner

This is affecting multiple regions within our service footprint. We will provide more updates as they become available. 

I am an Official Comcast Employee.
Official Employees are from multiple teams within Comcast: CARE, Product, Leadership. We ask that you post publicly so people with similar questions may benefit from the conversation.
Was your question answered? Mark the post as Best Answer!tick

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

I am also having issue with freezing and volume issues on recordings

Nightwolf

Regular Contributor

• 

82 Messages

2 y ago

@kjakubowsk wrote:

It seems to be fine now in Chicago.  However, everything that I recorded yesterday no longer plays (even off the cloud).  It now forces me to On-Demand for everything that I recorded which means watching commercials with it.

FYI if you setup a 30 second skip button on your remote, you can use it to skip commercials in On Demand programs as well.

New Poster

• 

1 Message

2 y ago

They are referring to an Internet outage. DVR is cloud based, live TV is cable, they are totally different technologies.

New Poster

• 

3 Messages

2 y ago

So I just got off the phone with Comcast and this is what the rep told me 1. They plan to have it resolved in the next couple of hours. 2. They are going to credit all accounts for all days were service was not working. We shall see....

Frequent Visitor

• 

9 Messages

2 y ago

It started yesterday for me.  It took me a ridiculous amount of time to watch a one-hour show because I had to keep backing it up to try to get all the dialog.  In some cases, it just skipped right through scenes.  I thought it was my DVR & was planning on swapping it for a new one.

New to the Community?

Start Here