jackr1's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

34 Messages

Saturday, July 20th, 2024 4:12 AM

Recorded and scheduled recording don't show on TV page, but DO show on my laptop page

Just solved another recording problem now this one crops up, and it is the polar opposite of the situation before said solution! Now, on the recordings page on my laptop, all past and scheduled recordings are shown, but there are only one or two of each on the recordings page on my TV (coming directly from my one box).  Strangely, on the far right at the top of the page, it does show 7 existing recordings and 78 scheduled recordings. 

Naturally, I cannot select a given recording to view on the TV since it does not show itself for selection.  I have tried disconnecting the box (and I noted that it cycles through about five "welcome. bienvenito" screens before booting up, where is it used to be just one or two times. Took forever.

If relevant, the solution to the prior problem of limiting simultaneous recordings to two before a conflict warrning arose, was caused by a human agent removing the "standard" 150 hours and knocking it down to just a few hours. Had to sign up for an additional $10 a month to get the 150, which I am told is no longer standard. I don't know if this has anything to do with the current problem, but it may solve other folks' "conflict" problems.

Official Employee

• 

1.8K Messages

2 months ago

Thank you so much for taking the time to reach out to Xfinity Support here on our Community Forum @jackr1!  We are so glad to hear from you and happy to help in any way that we can to ensure you are having the best experience with your service.  No worries!  You have reached out to the right team to get things squared away.  So that we can get started, please feel free to shoot us a private message with your details.  Thanks! 

To send a "direct message" / "private message" message to Xfinity Support:

• Click "Sign In" if necessary

• Click the "Direct Message" icon or https://forums.xfinity.com/direct-messaging 

• Click the "New message" (pencil and paper) icon

• The "To:" line prompts you to "Type the name of a person". Instead, type "Xfinity Support" there

•  - As you are typing a drop-down list appears. Select "Xfinity Support" from that list

•  - An "Xfinity Support" graphic replaces the "To:" line

• Type your message in the text area near the bottom of the window

• Press Enter to send it

Frequent Visitor

• 

34 Messages

2 months ago

Problem solved on recordings page by changing "Recorded On" box at top of page to "All Devices".  This option had not appeared before when I was looking for a solution, but now all recordings, past and scheduled, no appear on the TV page and the laptop page.

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here