sallison2's profile

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

Wednesday, April 15th, 2020 8:00 AM

Closed

Re: I HAVE TO UNPLUG AND REBOOT MY XFINITY TV EVERY MORNING!

I'm having the same problem. I got a new box, but that hasn't solved the problem. My power saver setting is off. I've ordered a new HDMI to see if that will help, but this is really annoying. 

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

To the right of the STB Version is:

PX001AN_3.6p13s1_PROD_sey

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Courtcop59 - Understood.  Right around the time this started happening, Xfinity gave us the new style remote (Xr15), which we hate, to replace our Xr11.  On the 11, there was a TV button that functioned for that device in the upper left, and a joint button that turned both on and off on the upper right.  The new one has similar buttons, but the TV Input does not actually operate the TV.  All other functions work.  I feel as if the 15 puts the TV on slightly sooner than the DVR.  That split second lag, when the TV is on, triggers the "no connectivity" gray bar at the bottom of the screen.  Your splitter solution must cause both to run exactly in sync.  If I had no manual DVR button, and I did not want to go through the process you describe, I would consider using two remotes until Xfinity figures this out.  If I had your box, I guess I would just use the TV remote to turn on the TV since the DVR is always running. There are other forums on here with many solutions to basically the same connectivity issue, but when I called Xfinity, they acted as if I was the only one.  Their option was a new box, which did not correct the issue.  Thanks for your feedback.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

You are more than welcome I just think we pay a lot of money for television these days and it should function without problems like this

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

4 years ago

@llllynch1 wrote:

To the right of the STB Version is:

PX001AN_3.6p13s1_PROD_sey

that is the oldest and only 5-tuner (now they are 6) DVR. swap for a new 4K DVR.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Thanks.  We already tried that and the problem happened immediately.  Ultimately, we will go back to the new version DVR because it allows easier use of apps.  For the record, since we started manually powering up the DVR prior to the TV, we have not had the issue for weeks.  

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I have had the same issue and replaced my older Pace XGP-1 1080p DVR box 3 times in the last 3 weeks.  Still had the problem. 

I got a new XR15 Remote with each new box, but since I like the old XR11 Remotes, I kept them and paired them with the new boxes.  (Press Setup button, then Xfinity button, then enter the 3 numbers on the screen).  The old Remotes work fine with the new boxes.

After serveral calls and 2 tech trips to the house I think we've solved the startup problem.  It only happens with the DVR box, but it's annoying to have to unplug the HDMI cable every morning and sometimes during the day.  One Reply said the DVR box needs to be turned on before the TV for the handshake to work.  I always leave my DVR box on anyway, and the new XG1v4 4K boxes can't be turned off anyway, so I don't think that's it.

I have a Samsung TV and the HDMI-1 port on it is labeled HDMI-1/Cable/DVI).  On another technician phone call today I switched the HDMI cable coming from my DVR box to the HDMI-2 port on the TV and  everythings works great!  The tech said there may be a handshake problem with Samsung's DVI port.

Try this even if you don't have a Samsung TV and good luck.

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

Update:  If you don't want to restart your DVR box first thing in the morning, you can change the time frame it re-boots itself each day by going into "Settings" and changing the  "General" "Preference" in "Daily Update Time"

to another time.  I changed mine from 2-4am to 10-12am.  That way I don't have to unplug my DVR HDMI cable first thing every morning before watching TV.

Frequent Visitor

• 

17 Messages

4 years ago

Our TV is LG, and yes, the DVR is older, though has 6, and not 5, tuners.  Our second DVR is slightly newer, but looks the same and connectivity is fine.  The problematic box has the XR15 remote (useless for one with mobility issues) and the working box has the XR11.  We tried all HDMI ports but did not use the splitter suggestion (yet).  We place the DVR to sleep at night and it records and updates, so it is never off.   The manual wake-up of the DVR a few seconds earlier than turning on the TV (with the XR15 remote) solves the need to unplug the unit for us.   I believe the XR15 connects with the TV before it does with the remote.  The “power” button on the remote is misleading.  It turns both units on, but is really bringing the DVR out of sleep mode, a slower process.  It turns the TV off, but will not put the DVR back to sleep mode, which can only be done via voice command.  Since their newest DVRs have no power button, shouldn’t the XR15’s “power” button say “TV”?  The XR11 has individual TV and Power buttons, but basically works the same way. Their technology changes are not in a unified, understandable manner based on the many creative solutions you all discovered.  Those who post glitches help each other but when you spend hours upon hours on the phone, Xfinity acts like their forums do not exist.  I received a new DVR that repeated the problem, spent a total of at least 15 hours on the phone with various troubleshooters, and 4 hours over the weekend trying to explain why they should not charge me for an inactive unit that they told me to keep until I can return to a store.  After four months, I invented a work-around with the help of other Xfinity users, but not even level 2 or 3 support could help.  Should it be our responsibility to do that for these expensive services?  Nope.

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Good morning and it is very frustrating isn't it....We all pay a lot of money for cable and the service should be more fluid with less issues like this. I would just like to say that the splitters that I used in conjunction with my dvr cable box worked awesome. I refuse to turn things on manually (which did not work for me) for the amount of money we all pay. This has been a solid work around for me and if you keep having issues you should certainly give it a try you may be pleasantly surprised. Good luck and stay safe !!!! 👍👍👍

Regular Visitor

• 

4 Messages

4 years ago

I bought a "POWLAKEN Powered 4K HDMI Splitter" from Amazon for $14 and it works just fine even without plugging in the USB power cord.  Just one additional HDMI cable from my DVR box to the splitter and the existing HDMI cable from the splitter to my TV.  I haven't had any problem since and don't have to unplug/reboot anything anymore.

Thanks for the suggestion Courtcop59!

After all my complaints and requests for technical help to Xfinity/Comcast, I also got a $100 credit on my June bill.  

Frequent Visitor

• 

10 Messages

4 years ago

Jim, could you post a photo of your splitter and cords?

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Hey bro, I see you asked Jim Daddy for pictures of my splitter fix. Are you still having issues I thought you had fixed yours? If you need pictures let me know. If Jim Daddy doesn't post pictures just come back here and ask me and I will take pictures of what I did. Good luck !!!!

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Good for you bro..... Chock one up for the good guys LOL !!!! I'm glad the splitter work around worked for you. Like I said before all I can say is that it worked for me and if others would like to try it I have high hopes that it will work for you as well. Rock on dude !!!! 🤟🤟

Contributor

• 

19 Messages

4 years ago

Hey Sallison2.... Have you resolved your issue yet and if you haven't have you tried my HDMI splitter suggestion. It worked for me and now I believe it has worked for Jim Daddy. Let me know and good luck. Be safe !!!

Frequent Visitor

• 

14 Messages

4 years ago

I have the same problem here since I got the new 4K box! wow

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here