Recshooter's profile

Frequent Visitor

• 

6 Messages

Thursday, June 27th, 2019 9:00 PM

Closed

QVC overriding other channels???

For the last few months, QVC seems to be overriding our signal. When we start Netflix, for example, there is usually a delay for Netflix to kick in. During that delay, QVC takes over the TV and runs in the background during the Netflix menu. Also, if there is a delay when changing channels, QVC takes over the TV. Sometimes I actually have to actively change the channels to get rid of it. Plus, I hate QVC!

How do I stop this???

This conversation is no longer open for comments or replies and is no longer visible to community members.

New Poster

• 

6 Messages

5 years ago

We are having the same problem.  It happens frequently.  Always have to manually change channel to get rid of it.  Sometimes, when we change the channel,  the audio changes to the selected channel, but QVC stays on the screen.   Does Xfinity have a solution?  Thanks.

Gold Problem Solver

• 

3.3K Messages

5 years ago

Hello all,

QVC as the same type of channel as any other and should operate the same way. If you change the channel (any other than QVC) - does it still plays on the background of Netflix app? 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

My tv is also suddenly doing the same thing!

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

MyboyTheo, sounds like the channel frequency is leaking! Let's take a closer look! Please send me a private message with your full name for help. Just click my name and then on the next page, you'll see an option to send me a private message on the top right hand side. 

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

I have been getting the same thing for a couple of months or more.  Not all of the time.  But you change the channel and qvc2 or qvc3 (not sure which) comes up instead of the channel you are trying to go to.  You have to change the channel manually to get rid of it.  Very annoying.  It must be an xfinity thing since I seem to see others have the same issue.

Official Employee

• 

8K Messages

5 years ago

I have been getting the same thing for a couple of months or more.  Not all of the time.  But you change the channel and qvc2 or qvc3 (not sure which) comes up instead of the channel you are trying to go to.  You have to change the channel manually to get rid of it.  Very annoying.  It must be an xfinity thing since I seem to see others have the same issue.

njeyedok, I'd like to look into this further. This isn't operating as intended. Please send me a private message for help. 

New Poster

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I've been having the same problem. It is VERY annoying! Sometimes I change the channel, and QVC still keeps coming back on th channel I'm watching! 

Regular Visitor

• 

2 Messages

5 years ago

I have the same invasive issue. AND, when I accidentally land on the QVC channel, it takes several clicks and tens of seconds to get away from this invasive channel. The answer from a so-called Comcast employee is TOTALLY NOT TO THE POINT. 

Comcast should know that this is in violation of FCC rules. They need to FIX this problem.

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am irritated right now I can’t watch what I want refresh doesn’t work unplug not work

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

It’s doing same to me I’m have it happening right now can’t watch any Chanel all qvc

New Poster

• 

4 Messages

5 years ago

I am irritated right now I can’t watch what I want refresh doesn’t work unplug not work I’m disliking qvc

New Poster

• 

1 Message

5 years ago

Same Problem - It's like QVC-2 is part of the Matrix. Can't kill it

Expert

• 

24.6K Messages

5 years ago

@Ghost28 wrote:

Every other time we switch channels it flashes to QVC then goes to the channel we wanted. Then every other time it goes directly to QVC WHEN WE DID NOT SET IT TO THAT CHANNEL. QVC is like running in the background all the time.   This is really upsetting my to my husband we never ever watch QVC never ever and don't want it popping up! This is like a fb tactic bombing us with unwanted advertisements pushing selling and buying. I bet Verison doesn't do this to its customers! PLEASE REMOVE QVC FROM CHANNEL LINEUP!

digital television (lke X1) does not work like that. something is wired wrong. what set top box model do you have for X1? (use voice command 'about' and reply with the rest of the line to the right of "STB Version ...."?

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Every other time we switch channels it flashes to QVC then goes to the channel we wanted. Then every other time it goes directly to QVC WHEN WE DID NOT SET IT TO THAT CHANNEL. QVC is like running in the background all the time.   This is really upsetting my to my husband we never ever watch QVC never ever and don't want it popping up! This is like a fb tactic bombing us with unwanted advertisements pushing selling and buying. I bet Verison doesn't do this to its customers! PLEASE REMOVE QVC FROM CHANNEL LINEUP!

Regular Visitor

• 

3 Messages

5 years ago

Something is wired wrong??? It is not a new set up, maybe an older box is  that the issue I know my hubby will be calling if it doesn't stop.  

forum icon

New to the Community?

Start Here